What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m sure we’ll find out in the next couple of weeks.

Most likely no one has even thought about, it’s not a huge amount of money just be someone as a back up.

Im sure there are plentiful player managers out there getting in contact with our club putting forward there case.

Keep in mind whoever get that 55-60% of their salary for this year has already been paid. So if they where on 450k there is only about 190k left to pay up. Contract start Nov 1.

maple_69

Bench
Cool to note both in the case of the Fish release and the May stand down players/agents have approached the club. Obviously it’s just agents jobs but it’s nice guys want to play for the Panthers and in the case of Papali’i, not just desperate fringe guys.

Gives me confidence we might be able to pull something out that actually helps us late season TPJ style. A proper utility that cab cover centre but be a regular 14 would be nice.

MugaB

Coach
I just read Iro is off contract
The guy fish and sorrenson ran over last week?
Please he's got some upside, but he won't be better than alamotti, this whole process is a waste of time, we'll just end up with momo again, ready to slot in at finals time

Keep in mind whoever get that 55-60% of their salary for this year has already been paid. So if they where on 450k there is only about 190k left to pay up. Contract start Nov 1.
Works both ways though. Only have to pay anyone coming in the same fraction of market value.

maple_69

Bench
I reckon Tesi Niu or Euan Aitken would be solid realistic options. Lomax a long shot. Cotric could be a smokey if the Raiders are keen to clear some money off the books this year. Jnr Tupou another if he’s not too far off returning. All guys likely moving on next year and not at contenders who would be impacted by giving us a leg up.

Original Name

Juniors
I reckon Tesi Niu or Euan Aitken would be solid realistic options. Lomax a long shot. Cotric could be a smokey if the Raiders are keen to clear some money off the books this year. Jnr Tupou another if he’s not too far off returning. All guys likely moving on next year and not at contenders who would be impacted by giving us a leg up.
I think Ivan would like Aitken. A really tough player. Ivan doesn't mind a centre having hands of glue and that's his only issue.

The guy fish and sorrenson ran over last week?
Please he's got some upside, but he won't be better than alamotti, this whole process is a waste of time, we'll just end up with momo again, ready to slot in at finals time
But we are the Panthers and no one is good enough until they put on the black jersey.