What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Copperhead

Juniors
Kind've forgot about Trent tbh. I thought we looked as good with him on the field. I saw some bagging his service but my impression of his first stint was he was firing quick clean passed from the ground to the receiver. Think he could be a good hooker.
That's how I saw it too. His service was much better than Sommerton's, and his kicking game out of dummy half is something we've lacked.

Kilkenny

Coach
Zero tackle saying we've signed david to an nrl contract, assuming its a dev contract cause physically he looks like an NRL player he doesnt play like one yet.

Same article said Sommo doesnt have a contract for next year yet. Wonder what is happening there? Clear number 2 hooker right now, I know Billy Scott is rated but you'd think we would be keen on Sommo also.
David probably needs to work hard on the defensive side of his game.

Iamback

Coach
Kind've forgot about Trent tbh. I thought we looked as good with him on the field. I saw some bagging his service but my impression of his first stint was he was firing quick clean passed from the ground to the receiver. Think he could be a good hooker.

With no Sommerton he should get some gametime there.

Iongi
Laurie
Schneider
Luke/Toelau

Should be the NSW Cup spine next year.

Panfa

Juniors

Panthers sign outside back to first NRL contract​

He has played 11 games for the NSW Cup team this season.​

Ethan Lee Chalk
WRITER | June 19, 2024 - 12:00pm

The Penrith Panthers have signed one of their most impressive reserve-grade players to their maiden NRL contract.

After making an immediate impact in his 11 NSW Cup games this season, outside back David Fale has signed a multi-year NRL deal with the Panthers, his maiden NRL contract.

Debuting in reserve grade last season, Fale has scored three tries, managed 20 tackle busts and three line-breaks and is averaging 67 running metres per match this season.

The signing of Fale to an NRL deal will see him compete with the likes of Paul Alamoti, Jesse McLean, Daine Laurie Casey McLean, Asu Kepaoa and Isaiah Iongi for the two vacant backline spots next season - Sunia Turuva will depart for the Wests Tigers, and Taylan May is set to have his contract torn up in the coming weeks.

Penrith has six players who remain off-contract at the end of the season, but it will likely be reduced to four with Paul Alamoti and Daine Laurie reportedly agreeing to new contracts.

Matthew Eisenhuth, Tyrone Peachey and Luke Sommerton remain without a contract for the 2025 NRL season.

If any of those 3 get a contract we are in trouble

Original Name

Juniors
And Peach well he just sucks and always has
Recency bias Exhibit A.

When Hook was coaching our attack like a child it was usually Peach or Moylan that had to do some sort of freakish solo effort to even get one try.

The guy's played 200 games and score 60 NRL tries playing from bench, lock, second row, five eight for portion of his career. Even a centre with a strike rate of well over 1 try in 4 games is about average pre 6 again rule change and Peachey has played half his games in other positions. It wasn't a fluke that he did that. To do that you have to have ability other NRL quality players don't have.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Sommo goes fine for a backup 9. Huth used to be a good replacement for Yeo but we have moved past that now.
And Peach well he just sucks and always has
You don’t play 200 plus NRL games if you can’t play.

I understand you don’t rate Tyrone but he has had a great career of which his best years were with us the first time around.

Tyrone was a terrific player.

Latest posts