What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Its not about playing favourites, it’s about what May brings to the team, I think Ivan really likes that.

He rates him highly as footballer.

I don’t know for sure, but if I was to guess, I reckon Ivan would have may ahead of Burton.

I wouldn’t, but I think Ivan would.

I know you aren’t saying that’s what you would do. Fair enough in regards to it not being about playing favourites I misunderstood what you were saying, he rates May no doubt but besides the fact Burton seems like the best back up half we have to most people I really don’t think we can just discount what brandy said, he doesn’t pick the side but he is in the inner circle there for sure, he would have some idea.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I like him as a footballer but let's not pretend his relationship with the Cleary’s hasn't helped his career.

I think it’s helped him as a player, for sure, he has a reputation as being very calm under pressure, much like Nathan.

The thing is, I reckon that Ivan has watched him play so much footy that he knows exactly what he’s going to get.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a massive May fan, I think he’s the best 14 in the NRL, but I think Ivan gets it wrong sometimes when he picks him over other players in the the Starting 13.

Personally, barring a lot of injuries or rep commitments, May shouldn’t start a game this year, but he should 100% be 14 in every game.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think it’s helped him as a player, for sure, he has a reputation as being very calm under pressure, much like Nathan.

The thing is, I reckon that Ivan has watched him play so much footy that he knows exactly what he’s going to get.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a massive May fan, I think he’s the best 14 in the NRL, but I think Ivan gets it wrong sometimes when he picks him over other players in the the Starting 13.

Personally, barring a lot of injuries or rep commitments, May shouldn’t start a game this year, but he should 100% be 14 in every game.

This is 110% how i see it.

The_Frog

First Grade
Not necessarily. To be honest, I think May should have been. What he did was totally degrading to the lady, and was morally wrong.
Stop trying to make her Snow White OK. She shagged a footballer she had met online due to his celebrity. This behaviour is unlikely to foster respect. May was foolish and was dealt with by the courts. The club elected to retain him nonetheless. It would be good if we could discuss players in our team without their past having to be raised every time.

Crashtest

Juniors
It's also true. Anyone else gets fired after the legal stuff.

Gould was still here and in charge though when the May story broke, and didn’t terminate his contract. So he wasn’t not fired because he is the mate of the coaches son.

I think it was more to do with the club backing and getting help for players with off field issues, like Naden and his taking drugs the night before the grand final

franklin2323

Immortal
The thing with May is. He played in every position in juniors. Ivan would of watched them as a parent.

Ciraldo is assistant coached May playing in several positions. So I see why May has started more games then he should of

If a half goes down or a centre tonight then Burton is next up

franklin2323

Immortal
Gould was still here and in charge though when the May story broke, and didn’t terminate his contract. So he wasn’t not fired because he is the mate of the coaches son.

I think it was more to do with the club backing and getting help for players with off field issues, like Naden and his taking drugs the night before the grand final

This. Player welfare is high atm and in most cases the player stays for support issues

mxlegend99

Referee

Gould had no power by that point. Whether he wanted to sack him or not god only knows. But it wouldn't matter as once Ivan signed Gould was tossed aside and really had no defined role with the club.

IMO May should've been sacked once he plead guilty and I'm part of the group who thinks he would've been if not for his friendship with Nathan

Although Ivan seems to cares more about on field character than off field. Which I suppose as a coach makes sense. He probably fights to keep him regardless of Nathan. Both Cleary's wouldve wanted him to stay.

franklin2323

Immortal
Gould had no power by that point. Whether he wanted to sack him or not god only knows. But it wouldn't matter as once Ivan signed Gould was tossed aside and really had no defined role with the club.

IMO May should've been sacked once he plead guilty and I'm part of the group who thinks he would've been if not for his friendship with Nathan

Although Ivan seems to cares more about on field character than off field. Which I suppose as a coach makes sense. He probably fights to keep him regardless of Nathan. Both Cleary's wouldve wanted him to stay.

The last paragraph is the main point. If you are only going to sign players with perfect off field records you are going to struggle

Latest posts