What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The_Frog

First Grade
The last paragraph is the main point. If you are only going to sign players with perfect off field records you are going to struggle
I suspect he wants to keep the core of the side that has been together for several years. This would include Edwards. That is the key to this side that other clubs cannot match.

Girds89

Bench
May is a good player. He's strengths as a 14 are his ability to cover a lot of positions. He's certainly not a game breaker but can definitely help set up tries, has a good passing game and can short kick ok.

Tyrone peachey at his best was imo our best ever 14. A true game breaker. He regularly came on and broke a game open.

The way the game is moving forward I think Tyrone May be on his last contract at Penrith. A fast elusive 14 coming on is the way forward. Having seen in all games so far
, how quick the bigger guys are gassing out.

The game is really going to open up for the smaller faster men. Especially coming on after 55 when players are zapped.

Tyrone is to slow to fill that roll. I like him but imo it's an area we could strengthen.

There'd be merit to trying Burton on the bench over may.

Burton is much quicker, more elusive, better kicking game, better passing, better running.

He can cover at a pinch, hooker, 2nd row, lock, half's, centre, fb. As many if not more positions than tmay.

I also really think Burton could be great in the wade Graham roll. I know he'd prefer to be a 5/8 long term but he could have a great future on the left in the 2nd row.

franklin2323

Immortal
May is a good player. He's strengths as a 14 are his ability to cover a lot of positions. He's certainly not a game breaker but can definitely help set up tries, has a good passing game and can short kick ok.

Tyrone peachey at his best was imo our best ever 14. A true game breaker. He regularly came on and broke a game open.

The way the game is moving forward I think Tyrone May be on his last contract at Penrith. A fast elusive 14 coming on is the way forward. Having seen in all games so far

The game is really going to open up for the smaller faster men. Especially coming on after 55 when players are zapped.

Tyrone is to slow to fill that roll. I like him but imo it's an area we could strengthen.

Burton is much quicker, more elusive, better kicking game, better passing, better running.

He can cover at a pinch, hooker, 2nd row, lock, half's, centre, fb. As many if not more positions than tmay.

I also really think Burton could be great in the wade Graham roll. I know he'd prefer to be a 5/8 long term but he could have a great future on the left in the 2nd row.

May does the basics better than Peachey but less explosive.

Burton I think ends up in the pack just when is the question

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Stop trying to make her Snow White OK. She shagged a footballer she had met online due to his celebrity. This behaviour is unlikely to foster respect. May was foolish and was dealt with by the courts. The club elected to retain him nonetheless. It would be good if we could discuss players in our team without their past having to be raised every time.

Totally agree.

Jane Murray

Bench
Stop trying to make her Snow White OK. She shagged a footballer she had met online due to his celebrity. This behaviour is unlikely to foster respect. May was foolish and was dealt with by the courts. The club elected to retain him nonetheless. It would be good if we could discuss players in our team without their past having to be raised every time.
I was replying to a previous comment. What May did was wrong.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

TMay has played reserve grade / NRL in every position except Prop and Wing.

To say Burton plays more positions is simply untrue.

Burton will most likely turn out to be a better half, but he will never win a versatility battle.

Girds89

Bench
TMay has played reserve grade / NRL in every position except Prop and Wing.

To say Burton plays more positions is simply untrue.

Burton will most likely turn out to be a better half, but he will never win a versatility battle.

Never said he could play more. Said he could cover as many if not more positions than tmay.

Play and cover is a lot different.

To prove my point.
May is to slow for fb, wing and couldn't play prop.

Burton could "cover" all positions on the field other than prop.

Burton could cover more positions.

To the people not rating the peach. Not sure what games you watched whilst he played for the panthers. Not trying to compare his versatility to tmay. But no one in my memory could change a game like peach when he came on. He could single handely tear teams up.

betcats

Referee
People hook up, it's neither immoral or illegal. Bringing up that she got with a footballer and her level of respect due to that is an attempt at discrediting her character to make the situation look better on May's behalf.

Well said westy but I doubt you’ll get through to any of these cavemen. Questioning the victims character here or implying that because they(there was more than one girl he did this too) had sex with a footy player therefore should expect a level of disrespect is typical misogynistic rubbish.

Original Name

Juniors
May is by far the best Utility we have, as shown by the Finals he probably isn't our best anything position, but our best 15-20min EVERYTHING one, its almost like when we had Tyrone Peachey.. we just needed him out there didn't matter where
Peach pulled off like 3 game winning plays in about an 8 week period coming off the bench. It was right before his Origin debut. May hasn't proven himself as a game winner in the same way.