What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Panther Mick

Juniors
TMay is so frustrating, I'm sick of sticking up for him to be honest. He had a poor year (it was injury effected) and then carries on like a goose after the GF.

I'm off him, he really needs to completely ditch all social media and totally knuckle down. Get his body right and hopefully reach his potential.

To be honest, I wouldn't care if they sacked him.

That is it in a nutshell.
Pull his head in and knuckle down. Take the chance repay the club for sticking by you or piss off.
Sick of his off field distractions.

martielang

Bench
I doubt they’d announce the re-signing of May regardless. He won’t be going anywhere due to the fear of disrupting the team chemistry imo.

Momo still getting disrespected on here. The man was a huge part of our team. May not be joey manu with the ball but f**k me he consistently did the tough carries and did them effectively. Defensively he locked up that edge. Hope the big fella gets a big pay packet, an ovation when he returns to penny park and a statue outside Harry’s Cafe De Wheels.

Iamback

Coach
I thought it was mis interpretered. I thought he was talking about his personal journey.

I'm sure his family have coped heaps during this time too.

I never assumed it was about court only. Ivan did an interview on SEN about various things but it came up. He implied the same and given he has spoken to him. No reason to doubt him

Iamback

Coach
Sure, I think it was a mistake re-signing him then, but that doesn’t meant we should double down on that mistake with another contract.

My issue is that it shows he’s unrepentant, I couldn’t care less if it was a swipe at someone running the game. There’s been a lot of fans contacting the club about this, wouldn’t surprise me if a sponsor had done the same.

Assuming the post was about the case you are right BUT if not? The club needs to do its research not just take Social media as gospel

Girds89

Bench
He is a decent depth centre. As it is we have only 2 centres at the club

If the ckub are willing to show momo the door and the reports we possibily may lose staines or leniu to keep api, kiks edwards... (hopefully not lenui)

Id say the clubs thinking

2. May
3. Tago

Said for ages that combo destroyed nsw cup. Tago especially. But they have a brilliant understanding of each others game from what id seen in nsw cup this year.

Tago for me has to be centre next year. He may well end up in the back row but i see him following a similar path to lewis. I think hell spend the first half of his career in the backs and kill it before moving in field.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t care who can. I don’t think it’s important enough to keep him.

I have this as our top 17. Well 16 for this case due to leaving 14 free

Edwards
To'o
Crichton
Momo
Staines
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api
JFH
Kik
Martin
Yeo
Sorensen
Leinu
Tago
??

Not much flexibility there should a HIA or mid game injury hit. So having a 14 that can cover most positions is key

May covers a rest for Yeo. Kenny can do that role

May played Fullback, 6, 9 and 12 as injury cover.

Happy to not have him when someone can cover that. It allows Ivan to run the rest of the side as normal without moving several guys.

That is where we will miss Burton and Capewell especially

That is it in a nutshell.
Pull his head in and knuckle down. Take the chance repay the club for sticking by you or piss off.
Sick of his off field distractions.

Surely that horse has bolted? The time to knuckle down was after being convicted of filming a woman without her consent.

Iamback

Coach
If the ckub are willing to show momo the door and the reports we possibily may lose staines or leniu to keep api, kiks edwards... (hopefully not lenui)

Id say the clubs thinking

2. May
3. Tago

Said for ages that combo destroyed nsw cup. Tago especially. But they have a brilliant understanding of each others game from what id seen in nsw cup this year.

Tago for me has to be centre next year. He may well end up in the back row but i see him following a similar path to lewis. I think hell spend the first half of his career in the backs and kill it before moving in field.

Tago who has zero NRL games at centre. And 10 in total as centre? And May with 1 FG game... A very quick way to slide down the ladder

chrisD

Coach
There's a lot of shithouse defensive edges out there and teams are thinking they can buy a Capewell or Momo and they'll be on the way to fixing one. We'll see how that plays out for them. Who the f**k is the depth to cover Momo? We lost Laurie for him and were ok with that because we were skinny at centre, how are we any better now than then? Laurie would have gone a long way to giving us options and/or keeping the price down on resigning Edwards.

I don't understand why we are being nice about this, he'd be on minimum or near surely and we have to fill the roster spots so it's not like it'd free up anything.

I have this as our top 17. Well 16 for this case due to leaving 14 free

Edwards
To'o
Crichton
Momo
Staines
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api
JFH
Kik
Martin
Yeo
Sorensen
Leinu
Tago
??

Not much flexibility there should a HIA or mid game injury hit. So having a 14 that can cover most positions is key

May covers a rest for Yeo. Kenny can do that role

May played Fullback, 6, 9 and 12 as injury cover.

Happy to not have him when someone can cover that. It allows Ivan to run the rest of the side as normal without moving several guys.

That is where we will miss Burton and Capewell especially

Then we’ll find someone else who can. It’s a very limited role, it doesn’t need some amazing player or even someone with much experience.

You’re overthinking this like May is somehow irreplaceable.

Girds89

Bench
TMay is so frustrating, I'm sick of sticking up for him to be honest. He had a poor year (it was injury effected) and then carries on like a goose after the GF.

I'm off him, he really needs to completely ditch all social media and totally knuckle down. Get his body right and hopefully reach his potential.

To be honest, I wouldn't care if they sacked him.
Mate i said it to you earlier in the year.

Other than the off field stuff. Tyrone just lacks speed and power.

Hes never going to be a regular 13 player and really is a 14..but the way the games going hes not the kind of 14 you need.

Connor watson like i said from rd 1 is the ideal 14. Great signing by the chooks..he will kill it for them. Was newies best this year.

Tmay has unfortunatley reached his potential. Hes not going to get any quicker... hes running style and size mean the power game isnt his thing either.

Hes a good back up fill in for injuries but imo hes highly overrated by most on here. Ive always liked tyrone. Hes got a good understanding of the game and good footy brain but he just doesnt have the physical attributes to really nail a spot imo.

If the club can move him on and save a bit of coin for resignings it will be a good move imo. Hes definitley someone we could cover.

Girds89

Bench
Tago who has zero NRL games at centre. And 10 in total as centre? And May with 1 FG game... A very quick way to slide down the ladder

Franklin i was a huge advocate for momo at centre for the last parts of the season.

But tago has something special in attack and hes defensivley very very good.

I agree having two rookies together is a tough ask but they way may played in his first fg game and tago in his limited games, plus what they did this year in nsw cup im confident its the future.

They have a full off season to train together with the top team

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I never assumed it was about court only. Ivan did an interview on SEN about various things but it came up. He implied the same and given he has spoken to him. No reason to doubt him

I feel a bit for May to be honest. I can imagine it was more than just he with the sex tape scandal. May carried the can for other players. I have no knowledge outside what I read in the media.

I've always thought this, reading between the lines.

Problem with May is now it seems the whole NRL world including many Panther members and fans have it in for him.

I believe staying off all types of social media will be a good start for him and of course keep his head down.

I hope the actual meaning and story does come out in time.

I think we will see what they can do on the same side in the trials.

Im very confident they will be our centre wing pairing at some point.

I just couldn’t play two rookies together on the right. Most teams have their best attack on the left, can’t entrust two rookies with that defensive role.

Maybe one day, but not yet.

Personally I think it might work out better if Crichton stays on the right.

The_Frog

First Grade
I feel a bit for May to be honest. I can imagine it was more than just he with the sex tape scandal. May carried the can for other players. I have no knowledge outside what I read in the media.

I've always thought this, reading between the lines.
I think so too. So many things in this case don't add up.