What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GongPanther

Referee
Actually you are right Alice. If Cleary was to look at 2027 in being his last season, and Ciraldo waited until then, he would take over in November/December in getting prepared for the 2028 season.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s not the point. It’s not the argument. It’s not about whether Gould had to go or not.

This notion promoted by Lamback that everyone at our club was fully aware about all deliberations, negotiations, transparency around Ivan being brought back to the club is farcical.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story as you seem to think.

The ends justify the means so all good there, but Dave O’Neill was outed for a reason and you don’t have to be a genius to work out why.

For hecks sake. Why the handwringing about this. Does it seriously matter ?

Gus's work at Penrith was fast coming to an end. He was at the stage that he was fiddling rather than doing anything major. Gus was already looking for another major project.

Personally I'm far happier with Ivan being back, rather than Bennett. (for reasons I've highlighted earlier....I'm not fond of Bennett)

Looking back for Penrith it has worked out beautifully.

Dave O'Neil was voted out in the recently held board elections.

These elections were voted by Penrith Panthers members.
O'Neil got the least amount of votes in these elections. Therefore he lost his place on the board.

John Faragher stood in this election and was voted onto the board by the members.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
The process was changed to make the board to vote on such things

It wasn't possible for Gus or Dave to make such decisions

It was changed after Going through Justin Pascoe and Corey Payne as CEO's in 12 months.

Gus stated in one of his many pressers that the board told him to fire hook.
We’re not talking about who gave permission to fire Hook.

Were talking about how Ivan Cleary suddenly re-emerged as our head coach.

There was no process, Gus was supposedly the man, in charge of all things football. At least he thought so.
For hecks sake. Why the handwringing about this. Does it seriously matter ?

Gus's work at Penrith was fast coming to an end. He was at the stage that he was fiddling rather than doing anything major. Gus was already looking for another major project.

Personally I'm far happier with Ivan being back, rather than Bennett. (for reasons I've highlighted earlier....I'm not fond of Bennett)

Looking back for Penrith it has worked out beautifully.

Dave O'Neil was voted out in the recently held board elections. What caused this, I have no idea. Possibly the fact he was opposed by John Faragher (a penrith legend)

I have far more important stresses in my life, rather than this.
it’s about truth. It’s an important attribute in life.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

There was no process, Gus was supposedly the man, in charge of all things football. At least he thought so.

Are you seriously carrying on about whether Gould had absolute power at that time or not.

Gould did answer at all times to the group CEO Fletcher. I can remember Gould himself mentioning that fact quite early in his time at Penrith.

Iamback

Coach

Dave O'Neill told the board that Ivan would come back if it was possible.

Barrett/John Cartwright

Wayne Bennett

Ciraldo

Holbrook and few others also expressed interest.

The Board then met to decide the best option moving forward.

Maybe so but it should be one person it allows emotions to make decisions for you

The_Frog

First Grade
Luai isn't leaving and he has a strong bond with these guys too. Between Nathan and Jarome we have the majority of the side with reason to stay.

52 games under Hook for 31 forced outs, 27 try assists

64 games under Ivan for 73 forced drop outs and 47 try assists. His stats boosted majorly despite a lean 2019 season

But the stats don't show the insane variety Nathan has in his bag of tricks now either. He has by far the best kicking game in the competition and can control games and field position entirely with his boot.

He never did that under Hook. Not even once. There's no way he's the best most complete half in the competition under Hook.
Ivan's achieved what Hook was never going to. But even on Grand Final morning last year, most of us feared Ivan couldn't achieve it either.

Crashtest

Juniors
Ivan's achieved what Hook was never going to. But even on Grand Final morning last year, most of us feared Ivan couldn't achieve it either.

It wasn’t most of us that thought that though. It was just that the few who did were very vocal about it.

Last edited: