What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
With Kikau going the team really needs to focus on the right hand side attack in the off season.

Martin and Critter will have played at least a full season next to each other by the time 2023 kicks off and it should be better next year.

If it doesn't improve I wouldn't be resigning either.

Critter's numbers in compared to other centres is pretty good. Martin is the concern

WestyLife

First Grade
Critter's numbers in compared to other centres is pretty good. Martin is the concern

He doesn't look super hungry for work or to bust the line when he runs. Someone needs to remind him he's got some of the best athletic genetics in the human race.

Munky

Coach
He doesn't look super hungry for work or to bust the line when he runs. Someone needs to remind him he's got some of the best athletic genetics in the human race.

Exactly, he has body type and speed to make something happen anytime there is an overlap or retreating defence.

Against the Warriors he got plenty of early ball coming out of our half and he just had no idea what to do with the space in front of him. Instead the ball just died with him.

Pomoz

Bench
That really hits the nail on the head. In SOO game 3 Holmes scored a try by busting through the tackle of Tupou and Critter. He accelerated and run hard and bang, he scored. Critter can't accelerate like Holmes but he can start a metre further back and needs to really wind up and run hard. It's like he doesn't realise how big and strong he is. He lopes into tackles instead of trying to bust through them. He is 99kg and 6'4" and yet he has 32 tackle breaks vs Holmes 56. Holmes is 90kg and 6'1". Tago has 45 tackle breaks and Taylan May has 70 tackle breaks!

Come on Critter, get angry, get aggressive, rip in!

John Hamblin

Juniors
That really hits the nail on the head. In SOO game 3 Holmes scored a try by busting through the tackle of Tupou and Critter. He accelerated and run hard and bang, he scored. Critter can't accelerate like Holmes but he can start a metre further back and needs to really wind up and run hard. It's like he doesn't realise how big and strong he is. He lopes into tackles instead of trying to bust through them. He is 99kg and 6'4" and yet he has 32 tackle breaks vs Holmes 56. Holmes is 90kg and 6'1". Tago has 45 tackle breaks and Taylan May has 70 tackle breaks!

; The jury is out with Critta he was average in origin and I don't think he can justify the dollars he is on. He is very athletic but so is Waqa Blake. He has GREAT hands BUT he doesn't hit the line hard he may be better off as a fullback but not in front of Dyl

MugaB

Coach
; The jury is out with Critta he was average in origin and I don't think he can justify the dollars he is on. He is very athletic but so is Waqa Blake. He has GREAT hands BUT he doesn't hit the line hard he may be better off as a fullback but not in front of Dyl
Why is critta suddenly got bad credit here, he is one of the best centres in league, we have him for pretty much unders, on what he'd get elsewhere, not sure whod we be replacing him with either, i think we need a head assessment check on forum roster management here

BxTom

Bench

Or get out. Overpaid, under performing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The willingness to throw a player under the bus, at times makes my head spin.

Yep he made a couple of mistakes during origin.

Why is there an expectation that players must be robots, not made of flesh and blood.

It reminds me of those children's dolls with multiple faces. Changes every time the wind blows in a different direction.

WestyLife

First Grade
Why is critta suddenly got bad credit here, he is one of the best centres in league, we have him for pretty much unders, on what he'd get elsewhere, not sure whod we be replacing him with either, i think we need a head assessment check on forum roster management here

The willingness to throw a player under the bus, at times makes my head spin.

Yep he made a couple of mistakes during origin.

Why is there an expectation that players must be robots, not made of flesh and blood.

It reminds me of those children's dolls with multiple faces. Changes every time the wind blows in a different direction.

I just said he could use with a bit of aggression in his game. It's like he doesn't realise how good his is and how athletically gifted he is. The guy averages 100m a game without even trying. Not saying he should be dropped or released or anything.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Alice, there has been nobody quicker than you to turn against players once they leave this club than you. Let people have their say within reason.

I've been almost waiting for such a personal comment. Thanks Tom.

At least I wait till the player leaves the club, before I get the knife out.

Some of you here are the first to stick the knife in, and line up on the fence next weekend for a selfie or an autograph. From the same player you rubbished up hill and down dale on a footy forum.

I call that being 2 faced.

Girds89

Bench
I dont think anyone has hammered critta at all...

Hes just not a world class centre... its not smashing him by saying that.

Hes just not in the same league as manu and latrell or turbo when they play there.

Imo tago has already moved up alongside him in terms of ability and is a future star.

For the money critta is on id be tempted to let him go and put his money towards a 2nd rower and hooker.

Hes a good player. Still young with a big career ahead.

But i think tago is the better centre already. Tiny can play and has played a fair bit of centre (albeit not nrl), jenkins is a centre and winger, turuva can play centre wing or fb.

If letting staines and critta go helped us pocket 700 odd k than that would help bring in a quality 9 and edge.

And this isnt anything to do with origin. Ive said for ages i dont think critta is world class. A very good player but not elite.

If letting him and staines go meant we could steal a good 9 and edge for next year imo that would be a terrific outcome for the club.

Wed still have plenty of options for the backline.

Edwards
Too
Tiny
Tago
Turuva

Jenkins as a back up.

Having said all that happy for critta to use the motivation of origin loss to really aim up and prove everyone wrong in the back half of the year and really show what he is capable of.

Murraymob1

Juniors
I've been almost waiting for such a personal comment. Thanks Tom.

At least I wait till the player leaves the club, before I get the knife out.

Some of you here are the first to stick the knife in, and line up on the fence next weekend for a selfie or an autograph. From the same player you rubbished up hill and down dale on a footy forum.

I call that being 2 faced.
You are aware it’s a footY forum where people offer opinions.we could start a thread where we’ll all hug and dry hump trees .But would that be any fun