What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Staines isn't confirmed as going anywhere. Staines is a fullback, just plays as a winger. No guarantee that To'o, Leniu or Chrichton are going anywhere. Your whole argument is flawed.

Hence this is the Rumoured signings thread

I really dont get how Fletcher was quoted he was confident on keeping Kikau and Api, we then lose them both but still have a salary cap issue I just dont get it honestly

It’s a fair question, I’m a little puzzled by it as well.

Cleary got a bit of an upgrade, JFH signed a long deal. But it’s hard to know without seeing the contract details.

I’m most concerned about hooker in 2023, I just don’t think Kenny is a full time NRL player. And Kikau has been huge for us this year. I still think we’ll be top 4 in 2023, but we’re taking a hit.

That is the point.

I think people have unrealistic expectations

Manu has the same amount of tries as Crichton. From 1 extra game played.

Crichton ave more metres a game.

4 years difference in age too. That you need to take into consideration in the valuation

Manu has been playing some time in other positions. He has 12 try assists from time at 5/8.

700k would be the absolute max id pay Crichton, anymore is extremely dangerous.

mxlegend99

Referee
I really dont get how Fletcher was quoted he was confident on keeping Kikau and Api, we then lose them both but still have a salary cap issue I just dont get it honestly
Losing those guys who we had minimum $1m offered to between them should have meant we could not only keep everyone else but had cash available to upgrade guys.

If we signed both how the hell would just offloading Staines keep everyone if we've lost them and still need to offload Staines to sign others?

Apparently our management were never close to making it work. Which is fine. But we've earned no loyalty from most of these guys and they're not willing to sacrifice a few bucks to keep a successful team together, play with their mates and get an advantage come rep team selection.

Crichton and Martin got an extra $45k by being at our club that they wouldn't have gotten in any other team. But none of that stuff seems to help. Most these guys want to take us for every cent they can. Honestly every player expects to be paid what they're worth to desperate clubs and if we try to match that we're screwed.

Api IMO was the only player we should have caved in to his demands to keep. He's as important to our spine as Nathan and moreso than Luai. L

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Losing those guys who we had minimum $1m offered to between them should have meant we could not only keep everyone else but had cash available to upgrade guys.

If we signed both how the hell would just offloading Staines keep everyone if we've lost them and still need to offload Staines to sign others?

Apparently our management were never close to making it work. Which is fine. But we've earned no loyalty from most of these guys and they're not willing to sacrifice a few bucks to keep a successful team together, play with their mates and get an advantage come rep team selection.

Crichton and Martin got an extra $45k by being at our club that they wouldn't have gotten in any other team. But none of that stuff seems to help. Most these guys want to take us for every cent they can. Honestly every player expects to be paid what they're worth to desperate clubs and if we try to match that we're screwed.

Api IMO was the only player we should have caved in to his demands to keep. He's as important to our spine as Nathan and moreso than Luai. L

Didn't players like Cleary, Luai, May and Tago sign for the club for lesser amounts ?

mxlegend99

Referee
Didn't players like Cleary, Luai, May and Tago sign for the club for lesser amounts ?
Cleary did. But pretty easy to accept $1.1m instead of $1.3 or whatever.

Luai did under Gus... But is now on market value. As are Tago and May. If anything they're earning more than they should be as without our roster and system around them I think most would be average.

For a side who has most of its talent stacked in our top 13 (and 2 benchies). There's no way a quarter of them accepted unders to stay and we are still in the position where 2 are leaving and we need others to leave to keep them

We undervalued Api and overvalued Luai and Crichton IMO. I would trade Luai and Crichton to keep Api and Kikau in a heartbeat

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Cleary did. Luai did under Gus... But is now on market value. As are Tago and May.

For a side who has most of its talent stacked in our top 13 (and 2 benchies). There's no way a quarter of them accepted unders to stay and we are still in the position where 2 are leaving and we need others to leave to keep them

We undervalued Api and overvalued Luai and Crichton IMO. I would trade Luai and Crichton to keep Api and Kikau in a heartbeat

I'm sure I read that the players menrioned also including Yeo and Fish signed for lesser amounts than what opposition clubs were offering.

Don't have the energy nor the inclination to find the said articles. But I'm sure it occured.

I can see the roster construction from a few on here now; sign Api on $5.6m a season for the next ten seasons, and then get a bunch of minimum wage (but obviously SOO quality) kids to fill out the squad…..

WestyLife

First Grade

Either the club lied then or someone's lying now.