What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MrBlack

Juniors
I like Madden. He does need a good off season in a good team.

He can kick and has speed as well.

If he can tackle we should look at him in the 9

Munky

Coach
As long as Cleary is first choice rep half we need a solid backup rather than a hit and hope kid.

Dropping games in the middle of the season is worth a few ladder positions which can make all the difference going into the finals.

Fangs

Coach
Peachey couldn't beat Salmon to the bench at the moment. But on his day he is a very good footballer. If the Tigers are paying freight its not a terrible idea.

He played good football under Ivan from memory but that was a long time ago.

Smug Panther

First Grade
There’s a suggestion in the telegraph of a swap deal, Staines for Peachey at the tigers. Doesn’t make a heap of sense if the idea is to free up money but it’s only for one year, so no big deal.
He's never been a good footballer, just too many dumb plays. He certainly wouldn't fit in our current system

Kilkenny

Coach
He's never been a good footballer, just too many dumb plays. He certainly wouldn't fit in our current system.

Harsh. Very harsh to suggest he was never a good footy player. His best years were with us, he was a pretty decent player for his 5 seasons with the panthers. I liked him as a utility player, at his best in form he was capable of some really good footy.

You don’t play almost 200 games in this competition unless you are a good footy player to suggest otherwise is just dumb. He scored 40 tries in his time with us across a 100 games that’s not bad for a utility player.

age.s

First Grade
I'd love to see Peachey in our current system.

He was pretty good for us when we were a middling team, and he's been rubbish at the basket case Titans and Tigers systems since then. I'd assume it'd be partially done to improve our cap situation and he's absolutely capable of providing a ton of upside as a player.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Harsh. Very harsh to suggest he was never a good footy player. His best years were with us, he was a pretty decent player for his 5 seasons with the panthers. I liked him as a utility player, at his best in form he was capable of some really good footy.

You don’t play almost 200 games in this competition unless you are a good footy player to suggest otherwise is just dumb. He scored 40 tries in his time with us across a 100 games that’s not bad for a utility player.

Well said Kilkenny. I completely agree. Is capable of playing most positions too.

Murraymob1

Juniors
If peachey is our answer our administration is way out of touch.He has been a human turnstile all year .As others have said give a kid the spot we save money and get opportunity to bring the next kid in his spot

Agreed. Currently, he is a shadow of the player that he was when he was with us but damn, he had a lot of great moments during his tenure.

The way he slotted into the centres in 2016 was quite a revelation and he was pivotal in some very important wins, especially in 2017. The game against Canberra (in Bathurst from memory) when he ran off the pass from Moylan to seal the game in the last 5 seconds was on constant YouTube replay at our house!

mxlegend99

Referee
Have any of you even watched Peachey in the last 5 years? He's been f**king awful
Titans and Tigers never get the best out of players though.

Im not sure he could bounce back with us. But a hell of alot better players than him have turned to shit with those sorts of career moves.

Personally I wouldn't want him back now. But if he came back I wouldn't be too concerned.

Latest posts