What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Sime_11

Juniors
if Peachey comes on min deal - he just doesnt need to overplay his hand from the bench.

a handy fill in over the origin period and can play multiple positions.

CCJohnC

Juniors
How old is Peachey? To me it is a backward step if we re-sign him. I understand moving on Staines but is this the best way? Swap with Madden would be better.

mxlegend99

Referee
If it's a straight swap for Staines. Keep Staines ffs. He's still young and has a good attitude towards improving.

Peachey on a minimum wage deal could be a good buy. But I'd back Staines to be a better squad member if the pay was equal.

betcats

Referee
I really doubt the club is going to swap Staines for Peachey unless it saves us some cap space, there is no point otherwise. And if we do get Peachey I doubt he makes the side besides inury and origin cover. We have had Salmon on the bench all year but Garner coming means we can carry an extra forward if we want as Garner can shift to the centres in case of an injury.

Iamback

Coach
I really doubt the club is going to swap Staines for Peachey unless it saves us some cap space, there is no point otherwise. And if we do get Peachey I doubt he makes the side besides inury and origin cover. We have had Salmon on the bench all year but Garner coming means we can carry an extra forward if we want as Garner can shift to the centres in case of an injury.

I have mentioned Cole
If Turuva or Jenkins goes well and we move Tago, Then he can go to the backs if injury hits not sure we need the utility next year. So plenty of options

soc123_au

Staff member
I was annoyed when we originally lost Peachy to the Titans, but imo that ship has sailed, got caught in a storm, sunk, washed aground on a desert island and then caught fire.

I’d be wrapped for him to reach his potential, but it’s a long shot given his age and the way he has been mismanaged for most of his career. I’d rather run with what we have or look elsewhere.

Panfa

Juniors
Let's face it Staines has no future at our club tried him a few times and didn't do too well.Peachey will be a utility at best and can cover during origin for 12 months he loves the club.

Pomoz

Bench
Let's face it Staines has no future at our club tried him a few times and didn't do too well.Peachey will be a utility at best and can cover during origin for 12 months he loves the club.
I think Staines has been fine. He is still young and has had two years to develop into a first grader and the signs are there he can be a good winger. Lets see how he goes at fullback against the Cowboys and revisit this topic on Monday.

Blade23

Juniors
Like with the Laurie/Mom the situation is always changing. Last week it was all about money. This week a player swap. The Tigers are very keen to move Peach on and he is keen to come back here.
At the moment our offer is a swap with the Tigers paying freight. Gives us room to move to re-sign other players. Still a bit to play out.

Are they pushing Laurie out the door? And if so why though?
No keeping him. Want a bit of insurance.

You are joking.

No. Manly did really pay part of Api's contract here. They wanted him out and contacted a few clubs. We got wind of it and pounced.

Fangs

Coach
No. Manly did really pay part of Api's contract here. They wanted him out and contacted a few clubs. We got wind of it and pounced.

Remarkable. They didn't see Fainu's incident coming sure but he was over 100 first grade games at that point and premiership winner. Definately one of the big recruitment blunders of the modern era of NRL.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Remarkable. They didn't see Fainu's incident coming sure but he was over 100 first grade games at that point and premiership winner. Definately one of the big recruitment blunders of the modern era of NRL.
He's a better player now in his prime and we are letting him go......history will not be kind