What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Roosters have been buying premeirships forever mate.

Cows improved massivley this year after a few key buys over the last few years. Broncs have brought reynolds walsh and capewell over the last few years... and they are a development club!!!

We are one of the the last true clubs that really solely relies on development from within.

Almost all other clubs these days use a balance of develoment and recruitment...just some clubs are more skewed to recruitment than others..

If tpj puts his head down and ciraldo can get the best out of him he could easily be the best prop in the game. And that to kikau who is the best 2md rower in the game... thompsons a good worker.. than they have a lot of other solid forward options..

Mahoney at 9 to direct them all around and get them playing on the front foot!!

Burton and flano will have more time and space this year and averillo out the back is dangerous..

Im not convinced flano is the 7 they need moving forward but i think theyll push for the 8 this year if there guns stay fit.

No Roosters buy the best 17 year olds, Develop them and add players as needed. Take this year we played them in SG Ball GF and they were Minor Premiers in Flegg.

Which isn't the case here you can count on one hand the amount of Bulldogs juniors in their likely top 17.

If TPJ does start prop, Then Ryan Sutton is on the bench. So either way there is a good slab of cash sitting on the bench that could be spent on a decent 7

As for Mahoney, The instant the NRL bring in that forward pass technology they won't complete a set. He'd make a great QB in NFL

Girds89

Bench
No Roosters buy the best 17 year olds, Develop them and add players as needed. Take this year we played them in SG Ball GF and they were Minor Premiers in Flegg.

Which isn't the case here you can count on one hand the amount of Bulldogs juniors in their likely top 17.

If TPJ does start prop, Then Ryan Sutton is on the bench. So either way there is a good slab of cash sitting on the bench that could be spent on a decent 7

As for Mahoney, The instant the NRL bring in that forward pass technology they won't complete a set. He'd make a great QB in NFL
Tedesco...
Keary
Critchon
Bradon smith

All huge signings from other clubs brought to deliver success. All already stars.

Even suali... every club knew hed be a gun... the roosters literally out bid souths!!

The dogs made the nsw cup gf? A fsir few of their own juniors in there! Doorey could only make the bench that game from memory.

I think your missing my point.. i think the dogs know they arent going to be able to afford a decent 7 given burton will be on 800 or 900k. Their caps already tight... so they are building a pack that can dominate to give flano, burto and averillo a chance!

Yeah mahoney is a shocker at it. Refs are worse st picking it up!! Still a goid 9

Iamback

Coach
Tedesco...
Keary
Critchon
Bradon smith

All huge signings from other clubs brought to deliver success. All already stars.

Even suali... every club knew hed be a gun... the roosters literally out bid souths!!

The dogs made the nsw cup gf? A fsir few of their own juniors in there! Doorey could only make the bench that game from memory.

I think your missing my point.. i think the dogs know they arent going to be able to afford a decent 7 given burton will be on 800 or 900k. Their caps already tight... so they are building a pack that can dominate to give flano, burto and averillo a chance!

Yeah mahoney is a shocker at it. Refs are worse st picking it up!! Still a goid 9

Yep and lost Latrell, RTS hell Mitchell Pearce debuted for them even.

And how many from that NSW Cup team are in the 30 man squad? Hell the 5/8th from that side played pretty well for Lebanon and has no FT contract.
Wakeham was the 7 and is gone
The hooker no contract either

Expect rumours are they chased Ben Hunt and want a Fullback, Should they get anyone they will just punt 3-4 players and have to build the side up again. It is a trait Gus employed at the Roosters and continued with us and no reason to expect different here

This is Gould’s MO; he built the Roosters into being a ‘development’ club by putting in place the identification to poach best young ones, but at the same time bought in stars to make them competitive day one. To a certain extent tried the same thing here; lots of imports initially while the pathways were perfected/improved.

Gus’ track record suggests he will get the development part of the job right but that is something that takes time. And the goal of that is to get kids who are ready to go at 19-21.

I’m sure that Dogs fans would like to keep Schoup and Doorey; that are good young players. But they aren’t stars to build a team around. And when you are trying to get the cap back into whack sometimes you need to move people on not because you want to, but because they are the people other clubs are willing to take.

Iamback

Coach
This is Gould’s MO; he built the Roosters into being a ‘development’ club by putting in place the identification to poach best young ones, but at the same time bought in stars to make them competitive day one. To a certain extent tried the same thing here; lots of imports initially while the pathways were perfected/improved.

Gus’ track record suggests he will get the development part of the job right but that is something that takes time. And the goal of that is to get kids who are ready to go at 19-21.

I’m sure that Dogs fans would like to keep Schoup and Doorey; that are good young players. But they aren’t stars to build a team around. And when you are trying to get the cap back into whack sometimes you need to move people on not because you want to, but because they are the people other clubs are willing to take.

We should be the model clubs should follow, Soward was our 1st major signing around 18 months in. It allows you to take stock of what the club has. The Dogs problem is members can vote the board out after 2 years so hence immediate results are chased.

Pangai is on $750k according to reports
Kikau similar
Who has 2 highly paid edge forwards?

That is where the cap gets out of shape. JAC has worked, Cotric having to be paid to leave also doesn't help

Wigansfinest

Juniors
We cannot afford to let spencer go. It’s upsetting enough having to forfeit losing 2 first team players a season from now on. He’s different to anyone else we have on the roster atm as well

MugaB

Coach
That 1st 20 mins in the GF Leota was a beast, I'd use it in discussions but not sure I'd promise it
Blood the next crop of props, keep leota and fish as starting front row, there's also lindsay smith and blacker need some 1st grade morso, and eisenhuth to cover

Iamback

Coach
Start him in Kikau edge, he'll destroy the oppositions halves

The poor half trying to tackle him

Is there anyone here that thinks Kenny won't start hooker?
He likely gets 50 mins then Luke on

Salmon/Peachey the 17

It leaves Sorensen and Spencer getting 30 mins or so, Hopefully that is enough to have him stay

Iamback

Coach
Blood the next crop of props, keep leota and fish as starting front row, there's also lindsay smith and blacker need some 1st grade morso, and eisenhuth to cover

There are 3 21 year old props on development deals - Although Mav and Lisati should be edge players.

Then Lindsay and Spencer 22 so there is no shortage of young middles, So if one becomes an edge will help the situation

MugaB

Coach
There are 3 21 year old props on development deals - Although Mav and Lisati should be edge players.

Then Lindsay and Spencer 22 so there is no shortage of young middles, So if one becomes an edge will help the situation
Spencer on an edge, screams Kikau to me, i couldn't imagine a juicier image of Leniu running 50 metres with Mitchell Moses stuck under his boot

MugaB

Coach
I wouldn’t mind converting him to a SR and having hoskins on the bench maybe but how many minutes would he be able to do. He might have to lose some muscle
He only gets less minutes coz playing middle is draining, on an edge, he could last an easy 50-60minutes