What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
The problem with Spencer is the team is in win now mode.

His minutes this season should be determined based on team needs and getting each and every regular season win possible.

Blitzing the regular season allowed for load management in the final rounds of 2022 which saw the refreshed team dominate the finals.

The same should be the aim in 2023.

MugaB

Coach
The problem with Spencer is the team is in win now mode.

His minutes this season should be determined based on team needs and getting each and every regular season win possible.

Blitzing the regular season allowed for load management in the final rounds of 2022 which saw the refreshed team dominate the finals.

The same should be the aim in 2023.
And 24, and 25, and 26, and 27, and until im dead...
Or rugba lieg is.... which ever comes first..

Or if we come in a close 2nd, but as long as parra is wooden spooners again... also very happy

SPENCER LENIU

At least three clubs have expressed a serious interest in Leniu’s future has been a talking point for months as Penrith fight a rearguard action to keep him out of the clutches of rivals.
His asking price has soared but there have been whispers that it may have risen too high for Canterbury, the club most often associated with the hard-running Panthers front rower.
As a result, there have been recent suggestions that the Panthers are well and truly back in the frame.
Likely outcome: too close to call

Interesting.

Iamback

Coach
Agree, his late footwork and acceleration at the defensive line against middle forwards is what makes him great.

Every decent second rower in the comp has those attributes yet somehow Sorro has made it work in the middle despite looking undersized.

Hosking has those same traits, Maybe we will see him in the middle

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Definitely lacked flair out of dummy half tonight.. thought Hoskings was pretty solid and Garner started strong with both players playing big minutes.

We missed Edwards but I think we learnt alot tonight about what play style we will need to come up with because tonights game you'd scrap into the top 8.

Fish didn't look himself but probably just lacking abit of fitness...Nathan looked very good and looks set for another massive year.. thought Tago was our most dangerous with the ball but yeah lacking that real strike out of hooker and hard running back rower which Martin can be with probably Hoskings as the worker.

Original Name

Juniors
Small sample size and maybe he's keeping it simple to minimize errors but Hosking seems to me like he runs one line really well. The tight unders line. He just simplifies his game and tries to hit the half gap hard. Not great for scoring tries unless his half can put do all the work and put him through but ideal for just hitting the line and getting a decent play the ball.

Garner is a more talented line runner and better at noticing when a grubber for a try is one.

Last edited:
I've just watched the replay of the game since I went to their on Saturday and got me thinking about the Garner and Hosking recruitments. I just can't understand the need for them and blocking the pathways of what we already have. I mean winning all grades last year shows we have the talent already here. I have L. Smith on the bench. Sorrenson or Martin taking the left edge.

The yak

Juniors
I've just watched the replay of the game since I went to their on Saturday and got me thinking about the Garner and Hosking recruitments. I just can't understand the need for them and blocking the pathways of what we already have. I mean winning all grades last year shows we have the talent already here. I have L. Smith on the bench. Sorrenson or Martin taking the left edge.

I wouldn't be judging Hosking and Garner on one match.
Sorrenson has even trialled. He is not even match fit yet. Personally I think he is better in the middle.

mxlegend99

Referee
Garner won't last long in the team if his defence and workrate doesn't improve dramatically.

Hosking 51 tackles for 91% efficiency. 108m gained.
Garner 23 tackles for 79% efficiency. 27m gained.

MugaB

Coach
I wouldn't be judging Hosking and Garner on one match.
Sorrenson has even trialled. He is not even match fit yet. Personally I think he is better in the middle.
I love the front row rotation we have, but we are never going to have the juniors progress if we keep Sorrenson as a middle, fish, leota, and leniu are only props, they'll never be able to play any other role now... maybe before a few years back, but not now, Sorrenson can be an be damaging on and edge, reminds me a bit of tariq sims in origin

MugaB

Coach
Garner won't last long in the team if his defence and workrate doesn't improve dramatically.

Hosking 51 tackles for 91% efficiency. 108m gained.
Garner 23 tackles for 79% efficiency. 27m gained.
Was happy with Hoskings, Garner was woeful, not sure if he was gassed, or got overwhelmed.. St Helens played their guts out... Luai struggled coz Garner was missing tackles... there needs to be trust in defence, i doubt luai trusts him after the 1st 10 mins of the game

The yak

Juniors
I love the front row rotation we have, but we are never going to have the juniors progress if we keep Sorrenson as a middle, fish, leota, and leniu are only props, they'll never be able to play any other role now... maybe before a few years back, but not now, Sorrenson can be an be damaging on and edge, reminds me a bit of tariq sims in origin

No guarantee to keep Leniu or Sorensen after this year. If the juniors are good enough they will force their way in.
Sorrenson isn't as effective on an edge in my opinion.

Latest posts