What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
Ive heard a few Tiger fans talk Garner up and annoyed they let him go. I haven't seen a lot of him.
Do you think JFH could play 2nd row or those days are gone?
Thinking of Spencer and Leota starting.
Yeah let's just move arguably the best current prop away from his position, and plonk him on an edge,
If Spenser wants to start, he needs to last more than 20 mins, till then he sits on the bench, i love him, but he blows out after 10-15mins, if he goes elsewhere for a starting spot, he'll get found out

MugaB

Coach
If Sorro leaves after this year even with only a three year stint he still goes in my all time Panthers team on the bench.

His footwork and acceleration coming on the park mid half make him a weapon. He's unique in that I genuinely think he'd be only 50% as effective starting.
Another reason to keep the bench rotation intact, even if another few junior props progress to 1st grade squad, sorrenson can play edge, and is as damaging as kikau is, my preference is to keep him over Leniu, but both are valuable, sorrenson has more upside due to his versatility and can stay on the park for longer minutes, Spenser is only a prop, a very dangerous one, but can tire very quickly

hindy111

Post Whore
Another reason to keep the bench rotation intact, even if another few junior props progress to 1st grade squad, sorrenson can play edge, and is as damaging as kikau is, my preference is to keep him over Leniu, but both are valuable, sorrenson has more upside due to his versatility and can stay on the park for longer minutes, Spenser is only a prop, a very dangerous one, but can tire very quickly

I like Sorresnon. But more damaging then Kikau and prefer him over Spencer? Sorry but don't agree at all.

MugaB

Coach
I like Sorresnon. But more damaging then Kikau and prefer him over Spencer? Sorry but don't agree at all.
Good, i'd preferably not like you to agree with me, just shows how inept of a judge you are...
And i said AS damaging, not moreso... but hey could be given the chance... again Spenser is lacking a motor to last longer than 15mins

hindy111

Post Whore
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely love what Sorro has done for us but i would lose him in a heartbeat if it meant keeoing Leniu.

Yes. I remember fans on here bagging Ivan when he was picking him on the bench at the start. Even I couldn't understand it. Especially ober Spencer.Shows coaching staff are better judges then us fans. He has turned intona fine player.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Good, i'd preferably not like you to agree with me, just shows how inept of a judge you are...
And i said AS damaging, not moreso... but hey could be given the chance... again Spenser is lacking a motor to last longer than 15mins

Love Soro, but suggesting he is/was as damaging as Billy was for us is fanboy facebook comment stuff..

Munky

Coach
Sorro has been great in the middle for us, when moved to an edge for us he has looked average. I really hope he isnt in our back row rotation Ive never been impressed with him playing edge for us, keep him in the middle.

Agree, his late footwork and acceleration at the defensive line against middle forwards is what makes him great.

Every decent second rower in the comp has those attributes yet somehow Sorro has made it work in the middle despite looking undersized.

Whino

Bench

SPENCER LENIU

At least three clubs have expressed a serious interest in Leniu’s future has been a talking point for months as Penrith fight a rearguard action to keep him out of the clutches of rivals.
His asking price has soared but there have been whispers that it may have risen too high for Canterbury, the club most often associated with the hard-running Panthers front rower.
As a result, there have been recent suggestions that the Panthers are well and truly back in the frame.
Likely outcome: too close to call

MugaB

Coach

SPENCER LENIU

At least three clubs have expressed a serious interest in Leniu’s future has been a talking point for months as Penrith fight a rearguard action to keep him out of the clutches of rivals.
His asking price has soared but there have been whispers that it may have risen too high for Canterbury, the club most often associated with the hard-running Panthers front rower.
As a result, there have been recent suggestions that the Panthers are well and truly back in the frame.
Likely outcome: too close to call

Storm were chasing him, maybe Ivan and Cameron are looking to see how the 1st grade side go in the next month or two to see who is worth keeping from the reserves... then pull the trigger on Spenser... been like that every season, tago and tiny got locked up pretty quick, then kiks and api started reaching for long contracts...

Blade23

Juniors

SPENCER LENIU

Rival clubs were always going to offer extra to pry him away from us.

Latest posts