What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Hopefully he is a gun hooker. We need a young hooker we can bring on slowly behind Api and Kenny.
Already got it.
Obviously you won’t give anyone but kikau credit on that left side. Watch the south’s semi also. Luai had some crazy plays down the left side without Kikau. He really did not struggle without kikau.
I never said he struggles without Kikau. I think we need more of a sample size to judge things purely on stats to judge how does without him. I mean c'mon guys one of those two blinders in the 5 games without Kikau was against the Bulldogs. You see this problem in cricket one young batter hits like 5 really good shield games and all of a sudden he should be in the national team according to people, on facebook. Yes the game against the Rabbitohs was a really good and I'm confident in him but it was one game.

Maybe if we just played give the ball to Luai and didn't have as many strike players around him he would actually play better like Hayne did at his peak. Maybe it would lift him to a new level. What I said was when Kikau does play Luai and especially Crichton get more time and space. Maybe Luai could sustainably create as much time and space on his own for the rest of his career without Kikau. But at this point in his career most times of his 2021 try assist aren't him skipping to outside to create an overlap and throwing a cut out or a short ball like say Ponga when he was playing extremely well. The overlap's already happened by the time he gets the ball or they're ready coming in as Kikau as gets it to create it so things are much easier for him and that's my point.

Last edited:
The Dogs are making a play for Burton to come early. They have offered up a few suggestions of players to swap. Napa is one of them.
At the moment all we are doing is listening to their offers.

maybe a better option is they have him, no swap and they pick up the bill for Waqa/RCG (although I’ve no idea how much we are actually paying)

free’s up burtons wage and saves on the wages for the other two, maybe that actually frees up £500k +/- which we can use to do whatever with

Original Name

Juniors
maybe a better option is they have him, no swap and they pick up the bill for Waqa/RCG (although I’ve no idea how much we are actually paying)

free’s up burtons wage and saves on the wages for the other two, maybe that actually frees up £500k +/- which we can use to do whatever with
I don't know if that's legal.

Original Name

Juniors
Then a transfer fee to the equivalent amount, same difference. We don’t need any of their players so this is prob the only thing that suits us. Free’s up some money for upgrades/front ending some contracts
Transfer fees are illegal in the NRL. You can only give money to go on the cap to Super League clubs. If we trade Burton for 200K that money wouldn't be on the cap.

murraymob

Coach

Unfortunately the money works as being part of the cap.Waqa and RCG are at parra .So it has to be parra that make concessions on there side for us to get relief on those two

Hooked

Juniors
Never go hunting with @Rhyno

ddth8p2-c9ebb316-1ea5-4206-a8e5-8d77b6db35ae.gif

Then a transfer fee to the equivalent amount, same difference. We don’t need any of their players so this is prob the only thing that suits us. Free’s up some money for upgrades/front ending some contracts
The problem you guys have, if you release Burton /Laurie, is that it is yet another player you have to find and, as stated above, transfer fees don’t come off your cap, therefore a player swap is absolutely necessary. Financially it sounds crazy to release either in your current predicament, unless you get a ready made 1st grade player in return, I assume Burton isn’t on much this year so the other team would have to chip in too.

franklin2323

Immortal
The problem you guys have, if you release Burton /Laurie, is that it is yet another player you have to find and, as stated above, transfer fees don’t come off your cap, therefore a player swap is absolutely necessary. Financially it sounds crazy to release either in your current predicament, unless you get a ready made 1st grade player in return, I assume Burton isn’t on much this year so the other team would have to chip in too.

That is why I can't see Burton going. Laurie being in development squad is a waste. He either gets swapped for a FT or gets promoted himself

That is why I can't see Burton going. Laurie being in development squad is a waste. He either gets swapped for a FT or gets promoted himself
Laurie should definitely be promoted to your top 30 but this requires a pay rise. The rules re 1st grade eligibility have changed this year, not sure how this affects development players though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Laurie should definitely be promoted to your top 30 but this requires a pay rise. The rules re 1st grade eligibility have changed this year, not sure how this affects development players though.

Whare and Mansour going freed up funds but not much on the market. So the 50k odd needed will be no issue

kinghippo

Juniors
The Dogs are making a play for Burton to come early. They have offered up a few suggestions of players to swap. Napa is one of them.
At the moment all we are doing is listening to their offers.
It's a beautiful thing to not be desperate in negotiations and be a team other players want to come to.
I was just having a look at the bulldogs team.
I am a bit surprised Napa would be on the table, they have less depth at prop than we do.
Luke Thompson the grub is suspended, toleman gone. That Leaves Hethrington and Napa starting.
Apart from a couple of second rowers we don't need, or maybe hopoate or averillo at centre I can't see much we would be interested in.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
I was just having a look at the bulldogs team.
I am a bit surprised Napa would be on the table, they have less depth at prop than we do.
Luke Thompson the grub is suspended, toleman gone. That Leaves Hethrington and Napa starting.
Apart from a couple of second rowers we don't need, or maybe hopoate or averillo at centre I can't see much we would be interested in.
Brendan Wakeman maybe?

Latest posts