What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

globalpanther

Juniors
The way I see it, if a player is going to haggle over every last dollar at the club he was brought through and given an opportunity in, then he isn't really that bothered about being at the club. That attitude is poisonous for the culture of "team first" Ivan tries to instil.

An extra 100k is 4K a month after the tax man has his share. By the time you factor in losing more games, getting more injuries because you have to work harder in a poorer team, the potential loss of rep payments because you find it harder to make the team when your team is not as good and now additional travel costs, the extra money is a poor return.
Post of the day well said

Girds89

Bench
I think there's a good chance 2024 will be
Edwards
Too
Tago
May
Turuva

Tiny has always been a gun at centre in the lower grades when playing there.

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought Jenkins was meant to be a very good talent?
Does it alter if put an average centre like say Momorski there for one season if a junior needed more time to develop.
Salmon could be an option.

Kilkenny

Coach
Thank goodness that is over. Will he stay or won't he. It was getting tiresome.
I agree I think most fans, die hard included have been over it for some time now.

Gifted athlete certainly, talented footy player, has been great for us no doubt.

I simply don’t feel the same pain that I did when I learned Api was leaving and Kik’s was leaving.

I know most don’t share my opinion, but if there was in anyway a very significant benefit to our salary cap in releasing him early I think it would be worthy of consideration.

We almost certainly will find a more that adequate replacement for Crichton initially at much less cost.

I wish him well, not particularly happy with him or his manager given how drawn out the saga has been but at the end of the day, careers in this game are short and he deserves to maximise his earnings.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Let’s hope the panther fans keep it classy .Crighton has reportedly turned his Instagram off.He no doubt has been coping a bit .No need for this we move on hope he has a great last season with us

I totally agree. Critta doesn't deserve crap (especially from some of the bandwagon Penrith, you know the ones with shiny new jerseys of every club in the NRL)

He's entitled to chase the extra money, and to play fullback if that's his desire.

He's given us some great memories. One last dog fight Critta. That's what we need.

Iamback

Coach
I agree I think most fans, die hard included have been over it for some time now.

Gifted athlete certainly, talented footy player, has been great for us no doubt.

I simply don’t feel the same pain that I did when I learned Api was leaving and Kik’s was leaving.

I know most don’t share my opinion, but if there was in anyway a very significant benefit to our salary cap in releasing him early I think it would be worthy of consideration.

We almost certainly will find a more that adequate replacement for Crichton initially at much less cost.

I wish him well, not particularly happy with him or his manager given how drawn out the saga has been but at the end of the day, careers in this game are short and he deserves to maximise his earnings.

We have no ready made centre to replace him yet.