What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
Latu was a ball playing front rower which was in vogue at the time due to the Bulldogs having success with James Graham and Kasiano. Des, while going to shit the last decade or so did a phenomenal job early on with the Dogs considering the complete nuffies he had in the halves.

The problem for Latu like with Bryce and John Asiata is that he wasn't good enough to actually play the position in the classic manner when needed.

Spencer has a long way to go, but will have no problem tucking the ball under his wing and running straight up the guts.

Jake Turbo was a phenomenal ball player in his early days off strong runs. It's crazy that he declined as Yeoweh took his place despite being the same age.

Iamback

Coach
He has been raiding the Broncos too. I am not just talking about the kid they overpaid a transfer fee for.
A couple of 16-17 year olds.

That is where his tweet comparing our 2014 side to the current recruitment is not a fair assessment.

They are poaching younger guys. They ran 3rd in SG Ball and made the NSW Cup GF, Patience was all they needed

Blade23

Juniors
On the Eels forum someone's mentioned seeing a group of Penrith and Parra Harrold Matt kids training and talked about how GUS have made a massive raid on both sides best players. More from Penrith and making them all sorts of promises etc.....
Anyone know how true this may be?

There has been an increase of late targeting our kids. Not just HM kids.
Comes with what we have achieved the last few years.

Big difference.
Latu was very lazy. There were a couple of incidents during his time here. He missed a few training sessions and coasted at times.
He was very skillful for a big man but didn't do the hard yards.
Good point, however, I'm sure you get what I mean though?