What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
Charlie was elite in his reading of the opposition attack.

He was trusted on the right wing which is pretty rare in Ivan's system. He likes the best player in the position group on the right hand side.

Poor first contact was his issue in 2021 but he fixed that up when needed in 2022.

globalpanther

Juniors
He was never unwanted.
It was a purely a business decision. It freed up a little cash for us, (getting us Peach cheap and the Tigers taking over most of his contract) and it gave him a chance to play more FG elsewhere.
Unfortunately it hasn't worked out for him this year.
Does this mean Jenkins gone?

mxlegend99

Referee
Charlie Staines is in talks to come back next season. Very strong chance of happening.
Tigers must be a real shithole of a place to be when you have guys desperate to return to us even with it likely being as depth. First it was Peachey. Laurie and now possibly Staines?

Just a shame Tigers threw everything at Api to sign and extend him. After 3 premierships though, he deserves to have September off in his last few years though I guess.

maple_69

Bench
I’m a massive Staines fan. Shame he was shipped to a club like the Tigers where players just really struggle to work out. I’m skeptical our system is the best fit for Charlie. He’s not a battering ram. Chuck him in the Souths or Broncos structures and I reckon he’d be a weapon. He did the work to be effective in his role for us though, happy to have him in the squad, he never let us down despite the crap many fans gave him.

Girds89

Bench
Not sure bring staines back makes much sense tbh.

Tiny back. Jenkins seems ready for an extended stint. Mclean isnt far off..

Turuva and too are locks.

Cant see charlie coming back for minimum so its a weird signing if so.

I think that money could be used better elsewhere..

Nothing against charlie. Just a weird signing if it happens.

Daeon has a lot of promise too.

Staines will be similar to garner... probs 200k... to play cup. When winger is a position we have decent cover for.. rather save that coin for someone else.