What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
I would get rid of the lot. Get some new blood in that can actually press for FG or hold the fort for a few games.

Riley Price is a good pick up. A few more fringes like him to fill the squad out.

I think we need a few older heads down there, NSW Cup is far too young

Iamback

Coach
Who would you suggest?

I would move on Smith and Falls though.

For me. It isn't just x player is experienced lets bring him.

Jenkins is going - someone like Hymel Hunt or Grant Anderson
Guys that would come for cheap and you aren't blocking anyone's path with them here. Outside backs and middles seem to be holes and perfect for one or 2 guys

Morgan Boyle is another off contract.

But there would be better in England that you could bring back. Like Cogger on their way elsewhere.

Early NSW Cup side

Iongi
??
McLean
Cole
??
Laurie
Schneider
Lisati
Sommerton
Price
Mav
Garner
??
Soni Luke/Peachey somewhere too

There are few younger guys I rate highly that I would get on Development deals like Hassett and Luron but they are 12 months away from being regular senior footy

Panther79

Juniors
Paul Amaloti signs with Penrith.https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-young-gun-alamoti-signs-shock-deal-with-panthers-20230912-p5e43b.html#:~:text=The%20Penrith%20Panthers%20have%20landed,from%20the%20Bulldogs%20next%20season.
Think he is a great signing. Won't cost too much and plenty of potential upside to him.

Would be so good to do one on the dogs, they take our good players and turn them to kaka, lets develop Alamoti into a gun!

snickers007

Juniors
Interesting the article says that Alamoti will fill the final spot in out Top 30 for next season.

Using the list from NRL.com, I've got 25 including Schneider and Alamoti.
We can probably add Henry and Lisati from the development squad too, making it 27.

I wonder who the other 3 are...

maple_69

Bench
For me. It isn't just x player is experienced lets bring him.

Jenkins is going - someone like Hymel Hunt or Grant Anderson
Guys that would come for cheap and you aren't blocking anyone's path with them here. Outside backs and middles seem to be holes and perfect for one or 2 guys

Morgan Boyle is another off contract.

But there would be better in England that you could bring back. Like Cogger on their way elsewhere.

Early NSW Cup side

Iongi
??
McLean
Cole
??
Laurie
Schneider
Lisati
Sommerton
Price
Mav
Garner
??
Soni Luke/Peachey somewhere too

There are few younger guys I rate highly that I would get on Development deals like Hassett and Luron but they are 12 months away from being regular senior footy
You've got Eisenhuth on till end of next year as well who should fill the 13 unless we want to use that spot for one of the kids to develop their ball playing a bit like Hopgood & Smith have done in the past few years.

Definitely think we could use a Brendan Elliot type for the backline even if Amituanai/Sielaff-Burns are earmarked for a role. If Staines does end up coming back he'd certainly do the job there though.

Fangs

Coach
I don't mind the Alamoti signing. He has some potential.

Some talk before about Garner going early. Maybe to the Dogs?

MugaB

Coach
I don't mind the Alamoti signing. He has some potential.

Some talk before about Garner going early. Maybe to the Dogs?
Hope so, i don't find him offering much, most people here love his hole running, i just don't see his defence, maybe he is getting better thru out this season, but at the start of the year he was a turnstile

Pomoz

Bench
Re the Schneider singing, we are almost becoming finishing school for halves. Because of the brilliance shown on the field, we overlook how good the coaching, conditioning, analytics, commercial management and medical staff are.

I see pictures of Ivan in the coaches box, surrounded by staff and I only recognise Peter Wallace. With their laptops open, the rest look like accountants and management consultants. Clearly, he has surrounded himself with some brilliant staff. "No names" with the right skills and experience to add to the footy nous Ivan and Peter can bring.

You can no longer compete with a coaches team full of just ex players. "Dylan was our fittest, let's make him our conditioner" doesn't cut it anymore. The body of knowledge behind sports science is vast and complex and changing all the time. You need people with an intimate understanding of the science to compete at the elite level.

The old style Sand dune runs and a "no pain, no gain" regime will develop character, as long as you don't mind seeing your players injured on a regular basis and unable to last 80 minutes of NRL intensity.