What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Pantherjim.

Referee
Wait a minute….. You are suggesting that Mav Geyer is a possible chance of playing 5/8 for the Penrith Panthers and I have no idea…..

Yes, you have no idea.
Seriously…. It’s so ridiculous that I honestly believe you are taking the piss…. Mav Geyer, who I rate highly, can’t kick a footy… he’s hopeless… don’t get me started on his passing…

And if you’re suggesting that a dynamic, young, reserve grade player can’t develop the playmaking skills of a 5/8th just because they play as a back rower in the lower grades, you genuinely have no idea,

Just stop mate… you look foolish suggesting this… no one will back you, even Chins or Girds wouldn’t agree. It’s just awful.

As I’ve said: Get some clue about the game and its history before commenting further. You truly are a prime f*ckwit.

Goodnight dickhead.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yes, you have no idea.

And if you’re suggesting that a dynamic, young, reserve grade player can’t develop the playmaking skills of a 5/8th just because they play as a back rower in the lower grades, you genuinely have no idea,

As I’ve said: Get some clue about the game and its history before commenting further. You truly are a prime f*ckwit.

Goodnight dickhead.
Goodnight mate. I Won’t call you names because you obviously are a passionate dude who genuinely believes what he’s saying and that’s sweet.

Go Panthers….

maple_69

Bench
Putting aside that weird conversation completely, I think Turuva is another guy that has a heap of freak in him. He was employed as a battering last year because that’s what we needed, and he did extraordinarily well at it. Towards the end of the year though he started pulling out some freak plays. I can definitely see he and May swapping roles a bit next year to get Tito some ball in space to move.

Tago I agree, he also has a heap more to offer but hasn’t put together a season at full flight yet. At times last year he was unstoppable, just needs to find his consistency and best form at the right time.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Umm ok..seeing as anyone can be a number 6..I'd like to put forward Fish as our next 5/8 option..I think he has better hands than Mav..and while we're at it, put Daine Laurie up front with Moses..

Fish and Moses already are established first grade Props, one of them being the best in the world, f*ckwit.

Therefore Why would you consider them, even as facetious alternatives to Maverick Geyer as potential 5/8th replacements for Jarome Luai?

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
No, not single games. Quite a few of them. Three of them were National Rugby League Grand Finals no less.

Who just happens to be the best Rugby League Centre on the planet.

It’s not in our club’s culture to pay big bucks for a player of any position unless they have reached legend status such as the likes of Nathan Cleary, but anyway, I’m gathering you figure that Jarome’s loss in 2025 will be more felt than Critta’s loss this year?

I beg to differ. Jarome is a great 5/8th but not a brilliant 5/8th. I can think of at least a handful of 5/8ths who are ahead of Jarome including Cameron Munster, Ezra Mam, Tom Dearden, Dylan Brown and Cody Walker. As far as we’re concerned and for our purposes; definitely not worth investing in for 1.2 mill a season over 5 years when we have the best Rugby League Halfback on planet earth and a host of players including Maverick Geyer who can step up and replace Jarome next year.
Rugby league's best centre is still that fat bloke who plays fullback for Souths

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I enjoy an argument with Luke as much as the next bloke but that last page was bizzare stuff

Even worse than the rubbish I was going on with on the W/T sub forum tonight.

Accuse me of being a troll, and I'll show you what a troll I can be. #losers.

I can be you're worst nightmare.
Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

I think we should try Mav Geyer at 5/8th; if we roll out a halves pairing of him and @murraymob for Rd 1 2025 we are specials to win the comp.

And it could be at Vegas too; that would really capture the Americans imagination…

Luke Bowden

First Grade
f**k you're thick sometimes. Yes we decline in performance everytime both our gun props are off the field. We need to find solutions to negate this.
You call me thick and then say this….

The solution isn’t to have one of them on the bench. It’s not like putting you can spread the dominance further by only having on the field, it doesn’t work that way.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Fish and Moses already are established first grade Props, one of them being the best in the world, f*ckwit.

Therefore Why would you consider them, even as facetious alternatives to Maverick Geyer as potential 5/8th replacements for Jarome Luai?
You are a deadset shit poster..I was having a lend to add some levity to your bizarre rantings of Mav being a 5/8 option..lay off the gear bozo..

Pantherjim.

Referee
You are a deadset shit poster..I was having a lend to add some levity to your bizarre rantings of Mav being a 5/8 option..lay off the gear bozo..

And I was equally treating your shit post with the contempt it deserved.

As far as sarcasm goes, you’re a complete f*cking amature. You need lessons on how and when to use it.

Iamback

Coach
You call me thick and then say this….

The solution isn’t to have one of them on the bench. It’s not like putting you can spread the dominance further by only having on the field, it doesn’t work that way.

It is literally how it is done in Basketball, Cricket with only 2 good bowlers.

Split them up you ensure you are better for longer as opposed to dropping off when both are off

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It is literally how it is done in Basketball, Cricket with only 2 good bowlers.

Split them up you ensure you are better for longer as opposed to dropping off when both are off
I didn't say we do every game but it's worth trying for sure. Pairing good young props with absolute beasts makes a lot of sense.

Munky

Coach
The Sorro/Spencer rotation was the best we've had.

Blew teams off the park in the 25th to 55th minutes of games.

In 2023 I'll finger Soni Luke alongside Smith being more of a worker prop for the intensity drop.

Latest posts