What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
Tell me about it. We got pressured to take Fatrell's fat lazy older brother.

The Cleary deal is literally the gold standard of family deals in the NRL. Maybe the best one ever. They don't always pay off as you know.

The benefit is that the players/family can share the deal between each other outside of the cap (This is libelous and has no actual evidence and I'm sure NRL players would never even contemplate such an action...in theory South Sydney could do it with Wighton's deal which of course is not the case).

soc123_au

Staff member
What you’re asking and what you are willing to accept are two different things.

I know for a fact that Taylan wants to stay, if Terrell wants to play with him. They will need to be realistic.
Luai wanted to stay too from early reports. It almost always comes down to dollars though.

At the right price I imagine most clubs would snap them up including us. But if the reported figures are correct (big if) then it would be a stretch for us I'd imagine.

What would you throw at each of them if it were up to you?

maple_69

Bench
I'd limit my deals to $350K for Taylan, $300K for Terrell & nothing for Tyrone. One is a replaceable outside back and the other a middle with a lot of upside but 2 great games in the NRL. No doubt worth more but I don't think we can justify paying more given the kids we could replace them with and the role they'd play for us.

Iamback

Coach
I'd limit my deals to $350K for Taylan, $300K for Terrell & nothing for Tyrone. One is a replaceable outside back and the other a middle with a lot of upside but 2 great games in the NRL. No doubt worth more but I don't think we can justify paying more given the kids we could replace them with and the role they'd play for us.

That is probably spot on.. Assuming Taylan becomes a decent centre.

In this market, I doubt that gets the job done

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Luai wanted to stay too from early reports. It almost always comes down to dollars though.

At the right price I imagine most clubs would snap them up including us. But if the reported figures are correct (big if) then it would be a stretch for us I'd imagine.

What would you throw at each of them if it were up to you?
Probably 400k for Terrell and 500k for Taylan. As a package deal, I think that’s top of the market Terrell but a good price for Taylan. I’d say he’ll be worth closer 600k in the next few years.

Iamback

Coach
Probably 400k for Terrell and 500k for Taylan. As a package deal, I think that’s top of the market Terrell but a good price for Taylan. I’d say he’ll be worth closer 600k in the next few years.

Not sure we can afford $500k for anyone atm

hindy111

Post Whore
Tago won't be getting offers much higher then 500k. Crighton wouldn't of either bar the Dogs wanting to turn him into a fullback.
700k gets you the best centres in the game. At this stage Tago isn't that.

Of course Penrith can afford him.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Tago won't be getting offers much higher then 500k. Crighton wouldn't of either bar the Dogs wanting to turn him into a fullback.
700k gets you the best centres in the game. At this stage Tago isn't that.

Of course Penrith can afford him.
Tago was that this year before getting hurt. He was having his way breaking tackles at will.

Injuries are the issue

soc123_au

Staff member
I'd want to see Taylan play a few games to see how the knee is. Not sure if he wants his future secured earlier than that though. If he is ok I'd agree with those figures. Where that puts us with keeping everyone else we want is the conundrum.

hindy111

Post Whore
Let me guess you have that stock standard Parra centre in that 6?

No. Some Parra fans think Penisini is top 5. I don't have him in my top 10 or 12.
Tago for me would be in the 6- 10 range.
Guys like Best,Herbie,Crighton,Manu,Staggs off top of my head but there is more I am sure I can't think of that deserve top 5 mentions.