What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Looks like Cleary when he was younger.. little frame with a quick step and speed plus a sharp short kicking game. Would look alright as a fullback in afew years with more size.

I think Schnider should have first crack at the 6 with Nathan next year. Could easily have him running the ball more and he also has a good kicking game plus is a worker and doesn't give up.
He's not one of our juniors. Came to us from the Storm and spend some time in Saint Marys before working his way into the Cup side. Unlike a young Cleary he's a fully grown adult. Obviously the amount of muscle a grown adult can put on while playing a sport like League isn't the same as a 17/18 year old, otherwise Soni Luke would be putting on much more. I think he's about 24.

Whino

Bench
It comes as back-rower Isaiah Papali’i has been granted permission to explore options at other clubs. Richardson met Papali’i’s manager a month ago, with rival clubs informed of his availability over the past few days.

The deal he signed to join the Tigers from Parramatta was for $650,000-a-season as the Dally M back-rower of the year. However, the deal included a 15 per cent ratchet clause that has since taken his salary to around $750,000. Papali’i isn’t interested in playing in the Super League.

age.s

First Grade
Looks like the Tigers are going to be paying a bunch of players to play at other clubs for a while.

Iamback

Coach
Just on outside backs, Staines is the kind of signing we should be looking at:
Would come cheap
Known quantity to the club
Would be ok as backup/depth if May is retained
First grade quality if May is let go

As an aside, I really rate him defensively. Routinely makes good, quick decisions.

Problem with getting Staines is he can't play centre. We probably need someone who can play both wing and centre