What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
The $1.3m wouldn't count Garner's money. That would be Fish's and the money we offered Turuva

So letting him go wouldn't add money to it.

Also Taylan's potential money. Wouldn't be available until the off season.

We'd get some money off the cap this year but the player is a like for like and can only be for this year

I never thought there was 1.3. As i said as it stood after we lost fish and turuva id have thought it was closer to 1.1.

If we loose garnee and may itll probs free up another 250ish by the time you replace them with geyer and mclean etc.

Iamback

Coach
I never thought there was 1.3. As i said as it stood after we lost fish and turuva id have thought it was closer to 1.1.

If we loose garnee and may itll probs free up another 250ish by the time you replace them with geyer and mclean etc.

We offered Turuva $350k - so we had that
Fish was on $850-950k That is the $1.3m people speak of

I am sure there was some set aside to fill out the squad too

We don't have Garner though. Losing him adds nothing to the amount

betcats

Referee

Not sure about Casey contract but Jesse and Mav are both on the books for next year already so iof we lost taylan we free up the full amount we are paying him next year and whatever he is owed for the this season from when he got stood down.

I think blade said we get cap relief for Taylan for this year cause he is stood down. I wonder if we could sneak someone in before the cutoff? Papi for example, if hes on 550k this year and has been paid for half the year already we could potentially sneak him if he took a small cut.

Anyway re Garner. Im not sure what to think of him still being unsigned for next year, there have been no rumours about clubs looking for him and his form has been good enough to warrant it. Either hes keen to stay and negotiating with the club or he is just holding out for more money then is being offered by anyone. I'd like to keep him. With Pap coming its an easy way to sort out the pack for next year.

I can see the benefit of Martin going to Prop and moving Tago on his spot. Fixes the Loss of fisher Harris and easier to find a centre or 2.

martielang

Bench
Cleary playing a quasi-6 role isn't the worst idea in the world. Gives him a little more time and should ensure his running game is more effective. Can still control the game just in attacking situations get the ball a bit wider.

Latest posts