What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
After watching tonight's game and seeing afew blokes trying to play for their careers and opportunities for next year! I'm going to say just how terrible majority of the team played considering how hungry they should have been tonight.

Afew take away for me.....
1. Cole ain't it...he did alright last week on the front foot but was ass again tonight when on the back foot and once again went hiding= not 1st grade worthy playing like that. Pretty much played without a 6 again tonight with him there.

2. Glad we let Turuva go as he hasn't put in majority of the year and got out played by McLean tonight.

3. The young hooker that played tonight has potential. Great kick almost got him a 40/20 and looked sharp when running the ball.

4. Our forward stocks are terrible especially our bench tonight. Mav definitely ain't it. Didn't run with any abitly whatsoever. Fish and Leota have been dropping off on their usual impact massively over the past few weeks.

5. Laurie should never play fullback again. No attack and let balls bouce

Yes it was a wet game but the Dragons no body players all outplayed our players. Our boys should have played alot harder than that. Hardly hit hard in tackles and hardly made a dint up the middle.

My thoughts on the game.

Cole is looking better each game he plays.

Smiley Henry 78 tackles. 2 misses .Not bad for a kid,

39% possession in the 2nd half, lose Kenny and Leota. Not going to win too many games with that amount of ball.

Like the look of Mclean. He will be something special.

Alamotti (I believe) will replace May.

Dragons didn't concede a penalty in the 2nd half. Only 2 errors also in the 2nd half. Probably their best half of footy in a number of years.

Disappointed Yes. Devestated no.

It was a very young team tonight. Lots of lessons were learnt.

Panfa

Juniors
I know it was wet and we had quite a few changes to the lineup.But what puzzled me was we didn't go to the backline at all last night.Even when we were close to there line we just kept going back up the middle back inside and the ball kept dying with sorenson.Poor alamoti and McLean never touched the ball apart from alamotis try.Hasnt the 750k got to tago he has been very ordinary since he signed the new contract.

I know it was wet and we had quite a few changes to the lineup.But what puzzled me was we didn't go to the backline at all last night.Even when we were close to there line we just kept going back up the middle back inside and the ball kept dying with sorenson.Poor alamoti and McLean never touched the ball apart from alamotis try.Hasnt the 750k got to tago he has been very ordinary since he signed the new contract.
It might be better for him to start on the bench and come on on the edge.

Iamback

Coach
Both Leota and Yeo will be 30 next year. Fisher Harris leaving, Eisenhuth contracts up, The club has to start thinking now about the next generation.

We have done. NSW Cup is feeling it as a result.

McLean
Cole
Scott
Luron

All locked until 2026 or 2027
All still Flegg age. Well McLean is SG Ball age.

We have done. NSW Cup is feeling it as a result.

McLean
Cole
Scott
Luron

All locked until 2026 or 2027
All still Flegg age. Well McLean is SG Ball age.
Front Row is Concern. Smith and Henry have what it takes to start. People see Patea as the next Spencer, after that we have nothing. I am hoping we sign some fringe ready NRL players who would have more opportunities here.

maple_69

Bench
Lipowicz looks a great middle prospect also. Philips potentially as well. The kids are there it’s just going to be a matter of timing. We will always need to recruit intelligently to plug gaps. Henry has top 5 prop written all over him, how long does it take to get there and how long does it take for Patea etc to backfill the bench? If it’s 2 years then we’ll be fine.

Fish, Moses and Yeo didn’t become the warriors they are now until around 24 and 60+ games. Around 2026 I think Henry and Smith will be ready to take over.

Pomoz

Bench
Ivan played a prop in the back row and then let him make 78 tackles. What the f**k mate?
Never mind that. Two things. What a motor, such determination. He is a PANTHER . Roarrrrrrr!

Second thing. Big hard man Leilua had a go at him and he stood his ground, in fact he looked ready to go to the car park and check his ticket. I noticed Leilua didn't go on with it. Love it. Great motor, big heart, fearless. Fish can rest easy, in a few years Henry will fill his shoes. Unlikely to have the same guns, I mean, Fish's guns are fricking huge, but he will have the same impact.

One day somebody will write a book about the Panthers development team. They have brought another champion through. Legends, every one of them.