What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

If we can some how snag Burton (I'm hoping), this team would be hard to beat.

1.Edwards
2.McLean*
3.Alamoti
4.Cole
5. To'o
6. Burton
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Smith
11. Papali'i
12. Tago*
13. Yeo

14. Garner
15. Henry
16. Martin*
17. Patea*

BxTom

Bench
May's camp could argue the club want to reduce PR fallout over and above player welfare, but that's the risk you run when you make so many poor decisions across a longer period of time. Even if he's completely innocent of the DV charges, he only has himself to blame for giving the club the ammunition to do what it wants.

Somehow I get the sense he won't be particularly self reflective on the matter.
We don't know what has happened. The club could have instructed him to wear a suit to his hearing and and issue a statement such as '"I have pleaded not guilty and intend to clear my name. Thank you." and left it there. There are many other things such as missing training or acting like a dickhead on club premise etc that we are not aware of. I am sure the club will have run their proposed action past their solicitors before acting. It's sop when you are on a board to check with the legal team.

Bob

Juniors
From Fox Sports

And speaking of emerging playmakers, the Panthers have picked up Zack Lamont mid-season. The 20-year-old was highly regarded in the Cowboys’ system. He played halfback in the under 19s Origin last year and was instrumental in the Townsville Blackhawks’ Hastings Deering Colts 2023 premiership win.

Lamont arrived to the Panthers ahead of Round 11 and made his NSW Cup debut off the bench a day after meeting his coach and teammates.

He got his first start in the halves in the Panthers’ loss to the Dragons over the weekend and had some nice moments, including a perfectly-weighted grubber to set up a try. The 18-year-old held his own defensively too with 18 tackles — two misses.

Zack Lamont has joined for the Panthers from the Townsville Blackhawks. Picture: Dylan Parker Photography.

Whino

Bench
And now confirmed

Garner commits to Panthers​

Tue 4 Jun 2024, 02:37 PM

Penrith Panthers is pleased to announce the re-signing of forward Luke Garner on a two-year deal.

The 28-year-old premiership winner has committed to the Panthers until at least the end of the 2026 NRL season.

“It means a lot to me to re-sign with the club for another two years,” Garner said.

“Ivan Cleary gave me my NRL debut back in the day and then it was special to win a grand final with him last year.

“To stick around here for another two years is pretty exciting. It’s great to see where this club is going and I’m looking forward to being a part of it.”

Since debuting for Wests Tigers in 2018, Garner has played 97 first grade games and represented the Prime Minister’s XIII in 2022.

The back rower joined the Panthers at the start of the 2023 season and played an influential role in the club’s premiership success.

“Luke has made a positive influence to our club both on and off the field since joining us last season,” Panthers General Manager of Rugby League Shane Elford said.

“Not only is Luke a talented and reliable footballer, but he’s also an impressive man who lives out the values we share at the Panthers.

“We’re thrilled that he has shown his commitment to the Panthers by re-signing with the club.”

The Realist

Juniors
The May situation is a cluster F. May being a dill on Insta and even after his court appearance is one thing...but then the Board had to go and react the way they did to pour even more fuel on the fire is just lunacy.

I agree with the general consensus that if it's for non-DV related matters then they signed him up knowing about most if not all of it already.

The only thing that makes sense to me is if May signed up knowing that he was likely to be charged. If he is found innocent, does the Board think he will play hard for us? They have just created a disgruntled employee that could send ripples through the squad. Is this perhaps a reason Tago is out of form? His best mate at the club is being treated like this? Believe you me, the Samoan/Polynesian fanbase is looking at this treatment and is NOT happy about it at all.

This is also a reason I am against extreme ideologues being put in positions of power. Because at the end of the day, their first priority is not the success or wellbeing of the organisation they are representing, their first loyalty is toward their 'cause' whatever that may be.

The Realist

Juniors
“Luke has made a positive influence to our club both on and off the field since joining us last season,” Panthers General Manager of Rugby League Shane Elford said.

“Not only is Luke a talented and reliable footballer, but he’s also an impressive man who lives out the values we share at the Panthers.

Could this be the Club taking a bit of a pot shot at Taylan May here?