What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I was meh on it from day 1. Heard sheens doesn’t talk to him cos he can’t spell his name.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Glad that didn't eventuate. Don't think he ads anything to our pack that we haven't already got. On another note...looking like we'll have the smallest turnover in players for quite a while heading into '23. Only Fifi and Tolman retiring and Metcalfe to the warriors as far as I know.

R-15-3

Juniors
Glad that didn't eventuate. Don't think he ads anything to our pack that we haven't already got. On another note...looking like we'll have the smallest turnover in players for quite a while heading into '23. Only Fifi and Tolman retiring and Metcalfe to the warriors as far as I know.
Pele, Ferris, Hiroti, Graham**

Weaponhead

Coach
This is a key point. Continuity of the system through stability. The club can cherry pick players that add to the squad at the right price.

Most of the other strong clubs are losing key talent.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The other difference is promoting guys to the top 30 from within.... Dykes...Iro...Hazelton... Jesse etc etc. Is there anyone other than Kafusi we have signed from outside?

Frenzy.

Immortal
we signed marty tapaus younger brother and ipswichs highschool centre but they aint top 30

One might be. Depends on retention. Junior Tapau might get a dev contract but he's another fullback. Tre Fotu is a monster 18 year old I expect will get a dev deal.

We might have snared Iverson Matai from the 'Dogs as well. He's a halfback. Played H Matts and SG Ball this year for the 'Dogs. Don't know if he's related to Steve

Matai and Tapau were both stars for Endeavour Sports

cb4

First Grade
We have jagged two players from QCup and are looking for a Forward for the first grade side.
The players we wanted haven't wanted us by the sounds of things.

imasharkie

Coach
The other difference is promoting guys to the top 30 from within.... Dykes...Iro...Hazelton... Jesse etc etc. Is there anyone other than Kafusi we have signed from outside?
I was a bit meh about Oregan but I managed to watch quiet a few Eels games and he progressed over the secound part of the season. The problem with keeping Graham in the 17 he pushed Tieg Wilton to the bench I'd be much happier with Graham to the bench and Wilton going back in starting team and Oregan is classed as a prop so does he start over our current props?

Weaponhead

Coach
Oregon will be good. His defence is Tolman like. Very reliable. Tackle efficiency is 93.8%. Makes 93 metres per game.

Looking for him to be more assertive and develop his running game.

Agree that Wade's return and Teig's role changing saw Teig's form drop off. Wade should be playing the Fifita role from the bench.

Tiger Shark

Bench
We have jagged two players from QCup and are looking for a Forward for the first grade side.
The players we wanted haven't wanted us by the sounds of things.
Thought with Fitz we’d be an attractive option but I suppose if we aren’t willing to pay overs or maybe they aren’t guaranteed a starting spot it’s less attractive?

Are these QLD cup players depth like Berrel is or potential starters?

Special K

Coach
Thought with Fitz we’d be an attractive option but I suppose if we aren’t willing to pay overs or maybe they aren’t guaranteed a starting spot it’s less attractive?

They are experienced guys who we are offering a chance to go to win a comp for and not offering overs. Seems they want the cash still

cb4

First Grade

Fitz is still a rookie Coach. He has a "name" but he also only has 26 first grade games to his name.
If and when we make a serious run at the premiership we will get players at value but until then, guys like Joe Ofahengaue and Thomas Flegler will want above the market rates.

No idea about the QCup players. One is a centre and one is a versatile forward is all I received.