What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

It means the coach/club re-signed a bloke that was wanted by other clubs like an STD of the tongue and therefore may (or may not) keep him as a back up - just for shits and giggles.

If this club was a cosmetic surgeon, they’d have a permanent, featuring role of their handiwork on “Botched”.
well theres all kinds of examples to be set for the younguns> Not sure where this applies .. Maybe "carefull where you put yer tongue , Could screw yer career?

shaggs

Coach
There are plenty of worse options throughout the NRL for backup 6s.

How many other clubs can call on a 250 gamer to slip straight in and continue as normal for 2-3 weeks to cover injury?

The dragons have Paul tuner and Kyle Flanagan as the 6s in their squad
The dogs have hayze perham and Jameon salmon listed as 5/8. Yuck.

Special K

Coach
The club will move him on if someone picks up the tab. Leigh is now reported to be interested

The thing is we need to find someone good enough to replace him. The issue with the player market is it is so bare so better off with what we have.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Our Flegg team has been knocked about.
Most notable, Te Wehi Waitere has gone to Penrith. His brother who captained the team is still here.
Brad Fearnley who we got from Penrith has gone back.
Toby Boothroyd has apparently also left.
Henry O'Kane was wanted by the Dogs but I think he has stayed for another year.
Most have been replaced though I thought.

One of the podcasts, I think Fins Up was reporting 3 blokes on train and trial and 2 new blokes from lowers

Jack Gibbons, 26, from Sunny Coast, edge forward
Jordan Swann, 21 from Roosters, Centre

T&T players, Healey, Rodwell and Pollard. Will probably go on Dev List

The club will move him on if someone picks up the tab. Leigh is now reported to be interested

The thing is we need to find someone good enough to replace him. The issue with the player market is it is so bare so better off with what we have.
I believe Tonegato is a better option better kicking game then Moylan has more speed off the mark

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
And.......

Also can't tackle
One of the things I like about Tricky is he can tackle. He now knows that he has a starting position locked up and a full off-season training as such will do him the world of good imo. Just need the pigs to build him and Nicho a solid foundation and we’ll be fine. Draw is the the best one I’ve seen in years too despite everyone claiming we’ve had an easy run this past few years.

cb4

First Grade
Agreed. The issue will be Moylan accepting the transfer not us.
Was always going to be the case. I can't imagine he would be happy to go unless he is getting paid more, and Englands cap is atrocious these days.
Leigh do have an import spot left so you never know. If its happening, it needs to happen before Christmas.

DJDL

Bench
Trying to choose the correct way to say it without sounding strange here... but Dykesy is a much bigger dude than I thought. 👀

I hear you. I always thought he was fairly slight.
I read somewhere a few months ago about him being a 'big body' in the halves and thought 'wtf'?
Checked his height/weight and was very surprised.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Catching up with the young guns; Kade Dykes

Having overcome his first long-term injury, Sharks young gun Kade Dykes believes he will return a better footballer after gaining a new perspective in the coach's box with Craig Fitzgibbon.

After earning his NRL debut in 2022, Dykes' hopes of establishing himself in first grade this year were shattered by a ruptured ACL on his birthday in January.

Back at pre-season training and approaching full fitness, the De La Salle Caringbah junior will aim to play for the first time in almost 18 months in February's trials.

The emerging playmaker made the most of his stretch on the sidelines, completing short courses in sports coaching and strength coaching while learning off Fitzgibbon by analysing his Sharks teammates from a higher vantage point.

"I was lucky enough to watch most of the games from up in the coach's box this year. Watching it from a different perspective, you can see everything," Dykes said.

"There's definitely no hiding out there, so it was good to watch it from that point of view and see how Fitzy and all the coaches work from up there during the game.

"It was a good learning curve. He explains what he's seeing. When you’re down here and out on the field, you can't really see everything. You're worried about what you're doing in the moment, but they can see everything and watch everyone."

73538998_dykesk_231117_gt_87_20231117145327-1.jpg
©Grant Trouville

Dykes had shoulder surgery in 2021, but the third-generation Shark's knee injury led to the lengthiest rehabilitation period of his burgeoning career.

"When you're young, you sort of think you're bulletproof. It was a bit of a wake-up call when I got that (injury)," Dykes said.

"I definitely learnt a lot this year about myself and about my body. I'm just trying to do everything I can now to get back to where I was and get back on the field."

While taking it slow, Dykes is excited to eventually stake his claim at the top level.

"Obviously I want to play NRL; I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself right now," he added. "I just want to focus right now on getting back to full health and having a good pre-season. Hopefully, I’ll put my best foot forward."

As for whether he sees himself as a fullback or five-eighth, the son of former Cronulla stalwart Adam Dykes doesn't have a preference.

"I've been playing fullback the last couple of years, so I've still got plenty to learn there. I'm not too sure what the plan is, I'm just worried about getting back," he said.

"It doesn't really bother me. I grew up playing in the halves and then moved to fullback, so I'd be pretty confident playing either of them."

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Reckon he’s our x-factor this yeet…(well next year) Was gutted when he did his acl in the pre-season. Probably makes CT even less required if he makes a successful return.