What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Grateful for his contribution in "16 but he's always been a bit of a knob. Case in point his podcasts and Chad Townsville clothing range...going gangbusters from what I believe. Lesssgooo

Yes definitely the over self promotion.
Makes him look like a complete Knobhead.

For someone who never represented NSW (yes he only trained with NSW and never played a game) never represented Australia. He sure has a high opinion of himself with the self promotion.

If only he put as much energy into his football he might of added more skill to his game and achieved more on the rep stage.

He’s in his last year at the Cow Girls and has just been stripped of the Captaincy. So he better get ready to have a humbling year. Maybe “Nobody puts THE CHAD on the bench clothing line will be coming out this season?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yes definitely the over self promotion.
Makes him look like a complete Knobhead.

For someone who never represented NSW (yes he only trained with NSW and never played a game) never represented Australia. He sure has a high opinion of himself with the self promotion.

If only he put as much energy into his football he might of added more skill to his game and achieved more on the rep stage.

He’s in his last year at the Cow Girls and has just been stripped of the Captaincy. So he better get ready to have a humbling year. Maybe “Nobody puts THE CHAD on the bench clothing line will be coming out this season?
Will be shipped off to the ESL by mid season I'm tipping. Maybe Chaddy's Catalyn' Chardonnay could be his next venture?

Inferno

Coach
I don't begrudge the self promotion at all. He's someone who I think put everything he had into the game he's just not an elite level player. I think it's smart to try and carve out money making options post football.

I don't begrudge the self promotion at all. He's someone who I think put everything he had into the game he's just not an elite level player. I think it's smart to try and carve out money making options post football.
Same here Inferno, his smarts could well be off field ventures.
He comes over like he would still want to be involved in the game I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up taking over Newton's job representing the players Association

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Well his wizz poor excuse for a beer is history - even Aldi won’t stock it.
He might be a front runner as the new member for Cook - could do well, better than the current mayor
Never tried his beer....just to clarify for others...I have no problem with anyone having a bit of a crack at being an entrepreneur and good luck to him. Usually it is the elite sportsmen who tend to have the better chance of success. Was the clothing range that made me cringe a bit....had only been a cow for 5 minutes at that point. Still very grateful for his part in '16 and the fact he was the only local junior in that squad was pretty special.

DJDL

Bench
2 years and 7 months since he moved on and he's still one of the most talked about players in here.
The guy's a twat, no question, but honestly can we just give it a rest?

Never tried his beer....just to clarify for others...I have no problem with anyone having a bit of a crack at being an entrepreneur and good luck to him. Usually it is the elite sportsmen who tend to have the better chance of success. Was the clothing range that made me cringe a bit....had only been a cow for 5 minutes at that point. Still very grateful for his part in '16 and the fact he was the only local junior in that squad was pretty special.
Well that’s the thing no one begrudges anyone having a crack at business. It’s not that easy. But it’s the self promotion clothing etc that’s just cringe.

I have no problem with the Golf clothing range, the shyte beer etc. go knock yourself out that’s two bloody tough industries to crack as he most likely has found out.

But he’s totally delusional of his status in the NRL.

bluefox68

Staff member
I don’t think anyone actually hates him - I don’t - he made a contribution to a fantastic season (2016) and to the club, in general.

He’s just like the dorky cousin that we all have a laugh about…

It was about JT. We should have a crack.
Depends how much Cows are willing to put in, he is not worth a mil any more I guess around 650k
The player I would be looking at issues last year at club is Schuster again he is on too much 800k, but he can play he would be that Wade like player played in halves has that shirt kicking game a good pass in him, the cons fitness, injuries and he is switched on

cb4

First Grade
Depends how much Cows are willing to put in, he is not worth a mil any more I guess around 650k
The player I would be looking at issues last year at club is Schuster again he is on too much 800k, but he can play he would be that Wade like player played in halves has that shirt kicking game a good pass in him, the cons fitness, injuries and he is switched on
I wouldn't pay him half his current contract to be honest.
For a couple of reasons.

1) He has been crap for a few years now, and the early onset of ruining his body with 300m games off 28 runs has taken it's toll on him. I feel there will only be a steep decline from here.

2) I am still bitter from our chase on him in 2017, where he gave his word he was signing with us only to run to North Queensland and demand a 10 year deal. I hope he and they rot on the deal.

sladden road

Juniors
I’m not sure who u merkins are talking about ..but I hate all Chads and all Val’s. all Paytens, all Tumulooloo, all Hess, all Kyle Felts, all Deardons, all Brent Tates.
I likes all JTs (made time stop, was incredible live), all Matt Bowens,all Matt Scott’s, could play the shit out of front row.
All the rest ..rot in hell. I won’t forget the lucky gloating in 22.
Mlf**king Chadgirls .
Addendum.. I love all Hannays…but only when coaching the mighties .

actually f**k them all, except Bowen and Hannay.

merkins, all of them .

Last edited:

Latest posts