What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Jerseys for 2013

jenninga

First Grade
I hope this is true...it will be nice to not run around in that ridiculous Steelers jumper. I love the blood and bandages!
You reckon,i thought the red jumpers were ok,bit of a slap in the face for old Steelers fans who now support the Dragons.

jenninga

First Grade
As someone who has grown up following the Steelers and have come to love the Dragons I will be filthy if the Steelers lose any more of their identity in this merger. If they are going to use home and away jumpers they have to use the Steelers or just play in the RedV all of the time. my 2 cents
I feel for you and others who have embraced the Dragons.As a lifelong Dragons supporter i have been proud how the Illawarra fans have supported our team with the passion we always have .

_Johnsy

Referee
lol. A Qlder talking about heritage and identity. Now that's funny.

The Broncos ripped the heart out the BRL. In their quest to be part of the Sydney comp, the Broncos effectively killed off a number of proud Brisbane teams... teams with a long history in the old Brisbane comp. They then tried to kill St George and Illawarra through Super League. When that was over, they tried to kill the Gold Coast. The same club ripped up the turf of Lang Park, turning it into a soulless concrete bus station. It has gone from being a cauldron to vomit central, coupled with toilet seats in every tier. They know nothing of heritage and put $$$ above all else.

Could not have put it better myself. Top of the class !!

Tradition is like an annoying cousin for QLD'ers. Only willing to recognise it when it suits.

jenninga

First Grade

The Broncos ripped the heart out the BRL. In their quest to be part of the Sydney comp, the Broncos effectively killed off a number of proud Brisbane teams... teams with a long history in the old Brisbane comp. They then tried to kill St George and Illawarra through Super League. When that was over, they tried to kill the Gold Coast. The same club ripped up the turf of Lang Park, turning it into a soulless concrete bus station. It has gone from being a cauldron to vomit central, coupled with toilet seats in every tier. They know nothing of heritage and put $$$ above all else.
They don't even support the Broncos as a club.How many origin jerseys do you see at a Broncos home game,they need a second team up there but doubt it will happen for years.

jenninga

First Grade

By the way Willow ,do you have a slight dislike for the Broncos?
Suncorp is the ugliest place to lose.

W.Smith

Juniors
i marked out a little when i read that the old style jersey was gonna be the new Heri jersey for 2013, i luv the old St George emblem in the fork of the thin Red V

TruSaint

Referee
Willow ,

The same club ripped up the turf of Lang Park, turning it into a soulless concrete bus station. It has gone from being a cauldron to vomit central, coupled with toilet seats in every tier. They know nothing of heritage and put $$$ above all else.

That Is without doubt the most accurate description of Suncorp i have ever heard.

GOLD :crazy:

KiamaSaint

Coach
I love the blood and Bandages, may buy one, but do agree I would prefer them to run out in the Red V every game. There is an aura around that jersey that other jerseys can't come close too and I can't think of any jerseys it clashes with, yeah, yeah I know it's about the $$$.

Regarding the women of league jersey, I wish everything was pink on that jumper, the number on the back, St George Bank on the front, even replace the red in the emblem with pink. If they did that I would definitely buy one for the wife. As it is, it simply looks like the Red V has suffered a bit of bleaching.

woodley_11

Juniors
I would prefer the away jersey remain the same. Although my pet hate in the Dragons fan base is when people try to cause division by talking about people as Steelers fans or old St. George fans, it is nice to have a jersey that represents the Illawarra side of the merger. I'm sure though that it will be a choice driven by predicted merchandise sales rather than any sort disrespect or anything like that.

elevenstraight

Juniors
you know, I've got a sick in the guts feeling that the charity shield style V will be the permanent V in a few years time... this is two seasons in a row its been used...softening us up perhaps??

a thinner, smaller V to make way for a more prominent sponsor placement, one that is not surrounded but the big red V. There is also more space on the inside of the V for another sponsor ala souths....

just sayin

Fire

First Grade
you know, I've got a sick in the guts feeling that the charity shield style V will be the permanent V in a few years time... this is two seasons in a row its been used...softening us up perhaps??

a thinner, smaller V to make way for a more prominent sponsor placement, one that is not surrounded but the big red V. There is also more space on the inside of the V for another sponsor ala souths....

just sayin

I don't think it'll ever happen. We gave Adidas the boot in 2009 and picked up Reebok because Adidas wanted to start f**king around with the Red V.

GAZF has nailed our V in my opinion. The sponsor should be under it http://gazf.info/?attachment_id=1435

I even wouldn't mind if we went back to the Newmans type V.

Attachments

• 1996_jersey_newmans_0.jpg
    1996_jersey_newmans_0.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 7

RedVee

First Grade
I'll second that.

Thirdsies.

I love the blood and Bandages, may buy one, but do agree I would prefer them to run out in the Red V every game. There is an aura around that jersey that other jerseys can't come close too and I can't think of any jerseys it clashes with, yeah, yeah I know it's about the $$$.

Regarding the women of league jersey, I wish everything was pink on that jumper, the number on the back, St George Bank on the front, even replace the red in the emblem with pink. If they did that I would definitely buy one for the wife. As it is, it simply looks like the Red V has suffered a bit of bleaching.

I agree regarding the Red Vee, I'd hate for it to go to a different home ground for each jersey. IMO The Red Vee should be used 90+% of matches as there really is no jersy clashes with it. Happy for the current Steeler style SGI Dragons jersey to be the alternative, however should/would/could we at least use red socks with that jersey rather than just keeping the stock shorts and socks (stockings?) with all jerseys???Though I hated the Liverpool look red socks/shorts/jersey that Adidias did, needed white shorts to break it up a bit.

Fire

First Grade
Thirdsies.

I agree regarding the Red Vee, I'd hate for it to go to a different home ground for each jersey. IMO The Red Vee should be used 90+% of matches as there really is no jersy clashes with it. Happy for the current Steeler style SGI Dragons jersey to be the alternative, however should/would/could we at least use red socks with that jersey rather than just keeping the stock shorts and socks (stockings?) with all jerseys???Though I hated the Liverpool look red socks/shorts/jersey that Adidias did, needed white shorts to break it up a bit.

Agreed.

Illawarra jersey - Red socks.
Red V/Blood and Bandages - Red and white hooped socks.

And ALL shorts, white with two stripes down the side.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The team wore black socks (with a red and white trim at the top) and black shorts in the very early days. But for mine the red-and-white hooped socks are more enduring.

In 1910:
sh_jerseystgeo_01.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sans Souci, April 30, 1910: It took two more years but in 1910, the "St George Third Grade Rugby League Football Club" was formed and admitted into the NSWRL third grade competition.
The colours of the club were red and white. The jerseys had red and white horizontal hoops which were four inches wide. They wore black shorts, black socks with red and white tops. The headquarters were at Stroud's Hotel, Kogarah, and the training room was the small hall (old church) in Gray Street. The club's home ground was at Sans Souci and Mr A. Farrat was installed as coach.
The St George third graders of 1910 became the first St George Rugby League team to take to the field and did so in convincing fashion, thrashing the Newtown thirds by 36-0 at Sans Souci.
The scorers for this historic match were: C Haydon 3, J Thomson 2, F Holt, B Haydon, A.Gore tries. C Haydon 4, A Larkin, S Territt goals. Referee: C Negus.

http://dragons.leagueunlimited.com/history/1907-1920.php
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Latest posts