What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signing

Since 73

First Grade
We got ourselves a halfback.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26906817-23209,00.html

Best one we've had since Preston - if he finds his best form.

This guy won a Dally M for best new talent. For a kid to do that in the position with the most pressure means he has soemthing.

I might be dreeaamin' but hopefully we get some stability now and he produces the goods for the next 5 seasons - which allow us to bring our good younguns thru with a genuine playmaker.

It's been so friggin difficult for newbies like Wright, stapo, fergo, Mitch brown, etc to impress at any level when you have playmakers who are out of their depth in that role.

And that's what we've had for a decade - apart from Buster, but that guy just couldn't get consistent game time to build on anything.

samshark

Juniors
Get it done and build the attack around a bloke who can put others through holes and create opportunities.

This should have been done in the off season. Didn't need to be nostradamus to see there wasn't enough points in the other signings.

Exactly.
Well done for getting Smith. If he finds form I think its a real good signing. But why it didnt happen before, I find confusing. Just adds weight to the question marks over Ricky for me.

Maybe Sam he wanted to be close to home for a while. And possibly he was advised that he would get a run with the Donkeys sooner rather than later. I don't know but if it's a done deal and he gets his old form back then good.

coolumsharkie

Referee
But according to those close to the 2005 rookie of the year, Smith has matured over the past 12 months with the support of his girlfriend

Lets hope she's got a good constitution, things like this can easily go pear shaped.

ratsack2

Juniors
all those saying why wasn't he signed in the off season, it was because he was being touted as the next big thing for the Broncos, come on who would you play for if you had the choice, broncos or Sharks, we have just come into the hunt for Smith cause it didn't look like paning out that way, we have room under our cap so made a play for him now and it looks like we have him.

imasharkie

Coach
very good signing and a quality player the Sharks needed desperately. At last a playmaker... now can we hang onto the ball for 5 tackles, if Pommeroy plays....no chance.

MasterYoda

Juniors
Not sure how Ricky gets questioned here.

Wanted Mason he did, the cusaders in the way they were.

After 2 losses, the crusaders back they stand.

Sharks form, not so bad, Melbourne 3-3, warriors hot form they have.

Attack Smith brings not defence.

Hypocrites they crusaders, shown to be

Since 73

First Grade
Get that paperwork done Sticky!!!!!

The Broncs have been shellacked today.
2 losses on the trot and one at home.

After his game yesterday Smith would have been looked at as an attacking option from rake, especially with his kicking game.

If these enquireis were left one more week Smith may well have been playing first grade for Broncs and had no interest in us.

Even so, he may be having those thoughts today.
He would be thinking he is a chance at selection with Broncs - and tossing up which club he'd rather be at.

Knowing he has the 7 shirt with us would push him our way.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Eels fans on eels forum saying smith might be going back to eels.

was it under the thread title "salary cap breach". They are kidding arent they. Next well have mop boy avenger on the forum crying blue and gold about sharks raiding the ranks or that the drinking water at Parra comes straight from the river. Even playing field my a..

chewsta

First Grade
Just on Porter, I think he'd make a good NRL worthy number 9 with a little time if he commited himself to the role. can pass, kicks well, is a bit of a thinker and is a solid defender.

Just on Porter, I think he'd make a good NRL worthy number 9 with a little time if he commited himself to the role. can pass, kicks well, is a bit of a thinker and is a solid defender.

I think he could too.

Only problem is he'd become the 43rd hooker we have at the Club.

Quigs

Immortal
As stated earlier, I am worried about getting Smiff. The donkeys were shot ducks today and copped a few serious injuries. Big Israel is getting operated on as we speak.

The donks are down in numbers at the end of round three.

So have we got his signature or what.

Because it is the or what that I am worried about.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

As stated earlier, I am worried about getting Smiff. The donkeys were shot ducks today and copped a few serious injuries. Big Israel is getting operated on as we speak.

The donks are down in numbers at the end of round three.

So have we got his signature or what.

Because it is the or what that I am worried about.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I can see Ivan clutching at his straws now.

On the white board he scribbles Lockyer to fullback..... Wallace at half back ........and Tim Smith to 5/8.

He picks up the phone and dials 12456.

"Hello yes... East Tigers Rugby League Club please........"

Latest posts