What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogaholic

First Grade
What happened to this one! :lol:

:roll:

Key word.... >>> Rumoured <<<

I guess what happened is either the rumour is untrue or the rumour is true and the signing has not been announced yet.

Either way...was a rumour I read on another site.

So please excuse me if I don't get cut.

Spike

First Grade
Probably because Newcastle picked up Mitchell Sargent after he was found to use cocaine

bfoord

Juniors
Probably because Newcastle picked up Mitchell Sargent after he was found to use cocaine

the difference though is that Sargent tested positive to an in-house test, while Maitua tested positive to a PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG, from an ASADA test. so

Maitua --> dole queue

Disco

Bench
Hopefully Manly can hold off the Roosters interest

And in an attempth to do so Bani has been offered to the Cowboys

Dogaholic

First Grade
Rumour has it that Brett Morris will be signing for the Dogs on Wednesday 20/5. Guess that doesn't leave much margin of error.

:lol::lol:

What happened to this one! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Get's funnier by the second lol

IT'S a slippery situation for Dragons legend Steve Morris. Although he would love to see both his boys back in the famous Red V he wore with such pride, he has admitted he is warming to the thought of seeing Brett join his twin brother Josh at the Bulldogs. In an exclusive interview with Sport Confidential, Morris revealed he had begun "taking an interest" in the team that broke his heart in the 1985 Grand Final.
Brett has been linked with the Bulldogs and we can reveal he met coach Kevin Moore last week to discuss joining Josh at Belmore. The Sharks have also held talks with Morris's manager.
"I was really upset when Josh joined the Bulldogs," Steve said.
"Because I always thought they would be together at the Dragons.
"But I have started watching the Bulldogs and I am getting interested in both sides.
"I never thought I would say that because they were always our foe but I am enjoying watching them."
Morris admitted he would like to see the twins playing footy together again - even if it was at the once-hated Bulldogs.
"I would like to see them playing alongside each other," Morris said.
"But Brett is going pretty well at the Dragons and he has a good coach. At the moment they have their own identities but it would be good to see them together again. I guess there are pros and cons to both but at the end of the day it is Brett's decision and I will stay out of it. It doesn't matter where they go, I will support them."
We have been told Brett will make a decision on his future within the next two weeks.
SHARKS recruit Trent Barrett was given unrestricted access to the St George Illawarra dressingrooms after Saturday night's loss. He spent more than 20 minutes in the Dragons' lair talking to his former teammates. And who could blame him? The Sharks' shed was not a happy place.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25537989-5006066,00.html

Godz Illa

Coach
What's so funny? You said he'd sign on Wednesday...

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/morris-major/1522397.aspx

Morris majorBY MICHAEL CARAYANNIS
26/05/2009 4:00:00 AM

ST GEORGE Illawarra winger Brett Morris is set to reject a lucrative offer from Canterbury and two other NRL clubs to re-sign with the Dragons.
Discussions between Morris and the club are well underway with an announcement on his future expected before the end of next week.
Canterbury still loom as a possibility for the 22-year-old, who hopes to unite him with twin brother Josh.
"It's still up in the air,'' Brett said.
"Obviously I'm very happy at this club. It is the club I grew up in and followed as a kid.''
Coach Wayne Bennett was a lot more confident in securing Morris's signature. "The club is keen to keep him and I'm confident he wants to stay,'' Bennett said.
"It's just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
"All the preliminarily work has been done.''
Morris's form has exploded this season. After missing selection in the first round loss to Melbourne, Morris forced his way into the side the next week and has since played in every first grade match.
He made his debut back in 2006 before an injury plagued 2007 season saw him play just two top flight matches. "I'm pretty happy with how I'm going at the moment,'' Morris said.
"Initially I was always looking over my shoulder, worried that someone was going to come and take my spot. But at the moment I'm feeling pretty safe. I'm not resting on my laurels.''
Having played most of last season at fullback, Morris has shifted to the wing to accommodate in-form Test player Darius Boyd.
Bennett said Morris had found his "position'' on the wing.
"He is a wonderful talent,'' Bennett said.
"He is one of the few players who is a pure winger.
"Every time he touches the ball he is dangerous. I enjoy watching him.''
Morris (10 tries) has soared to the top of the NRL try-scoring list.
After scoring four against North Queensland and three against Cronulla, Morris is in a rare vein of form as he joins Brisbane's Israel Folau at the top.
"If you're a winger and you're not scoring tries you start to get a bit filthy,'' Morris said.
"They seem to be getting me good ball in good spots. I'm pretty lucky at the moment.'' A slight calf strain saw Morris precautionarily replaced with less than 20 minutes remaining in the match, but he will be fit for Friday's clash against Penrith at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

Charlie124

First Grade
Carl Webb -----> Wigan

Webbs manager was sitting in the stands with a Wigan scout last night watching with great interest.

Would hopefully free up a heap of cash.

Disco

Bench
Orford -> Warriors

Strange, i know, but just what i've heard (and yes i know they have Jones then that young guy whose name i cant remember)

Status
Not open for further replies.