What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormysally

Juniors
Michael Crocker set to join Souths

By Andrew Webster | May 05, 2009 12:00am

0,,6609993,00.jpg
Announcement imminent ... former Storm forward Michael Crocker. Photograph: Colleen Petch / The Daily Telegraph

THIS is the cold, hard proof that stranded back-rower Michael Crocker is on the verge of signing with South Sydney. As club sources insisted an announcement was "imminent", The Daily Telegraph can today reveal a private email to Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson from sponsor McGrath Estate Agents outlining a lucrative third-party offer to Crocker.
The agreement is almost identical to the one involving Craig Wing that has fallen apart and has the Souths star sniffing out alternative deals elsewhere. As revealed in the email sent from McGrath sales manager Stuart Rutherford to Richardson last Friday, Crocker will earn $25,000 a year and has the potential to make more if he attracts new clients.
He would work one day a week - a part of the deal Wing failed to satisfy under the terms of his agreement with McGrath.
Crocker's potential third-party agreement comes on top of a three-year offer, believed to be worth more than $200,000 a season.
While mystified that The Daily Telegraph had obtained the email, Richardson confirmed the external arrangement was part of the offer to Crocker.
"We're definitely chasing Michael Crocker - and we hope we're in with a real chance," Richardson said last night. "Michael has a genuine interest in going into real estate, and we contacted some companies we're associated with - not just McGrath - on his behalf.
"But rumours that it's a done deal are off the mark. I wish it was."
Crocker is still sweating on an appeal to the UK Home Office, which has blocked him from taking up a lucrative three-year deal worth almost $1 million with Hull after he was convicted of affray in 2006.
He has been living in Melbourne and training with his former Storm teammates, and Hull officials are privately resigned to the fact he will not join them.
The Warriors were the only other serious contender for Crocker's signature but it is believed the move to New Zealand was an ocean too far for his partner. If Crocker is to stay in the NRL, he must sign before June 30 - although Souths officials want the deal done as soon as this week.
"We haven't started negotiations with any NRL clubs," Crocker's manager Andrew Purcell said last night. "He is still confident of going to England."
Asked about the third-party agreement with McGrath, Purcell replied after a long pause: "It's all very exciting . . . who told you that? Whoever did, can you ask them to ring me?"
Richardson insisted any deal with Crocker did not hinge on the club releasing Wing, who is struggling financially after losing $600,000 in a Vanuatu property investment gone sour. Souths have room to move under their cap after releasing winger Shannon Hegarty.
"This has nothing to do with Craig Wing whatsoever," Richardson said. "We want Wingy to play for South Sydney for as long as possible."

the_saints

Juniors
whats happening with hunt does he wana go to the dragons or what...????

i reckons get rid of dan hunt get dave taylor seeyaa later morris bring on hunt!!!

otori

Juniors
The thread is called rumoured signings and he has told a friend that he won't be in Townsville next year because he's moving south. I doubted it would be out of Queensland.

Undies88

Juniors
tis rumoured- as of Friday night. He was out in Brisbane and mentioned to a girl he wouldn't be in Townsville much longer- and who can blame him?

like otori said is only a rumour.

Twigg

Juniors
Well he is off contract at the end of next year.

His family is from Brisbane but I can't see Broncos or Titans getting him.

Only things I have heard (prob not true) is that it's either Bulldogs or French Rugby sh*t.

stuke

Bench
Well he is off contract at the end of next year.

His family is from Brisbane but I can't see Broncos or Titans getting him.

Only things I have heard (prob not true) is that it's either Bulldogs or French Rugby sh*t.

Parra should offer him everything to get him into the joint. make him CEO and give him Fitzy's $$$ and car as well.

Twigg

Juniors
The thread is called rumoured signings and he has told a friend that he won't be in Townsville next year because he's moving south. I doubted it would be out of Queensland.

Next year he's with the Cowboys. He said he won't break it like SBW.

nqcowboy87

Bench
His grandmother lives in NZ, maybe he's coming to the Warriors
so thats why the nz made an approach to him back in 04 about playing for the kiwis.
if he is to leave the cowboys id say he'd go to the dogs to replace kimmolrey once he retires

Status
Not open for further replies.