What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard it mentioned on the Radio that Gallop would register a contract for Tuqiri if someone can fit him in the cap. There is a big possibility he could turn up at a club on match payments for the remainder of the year. No one linked to him as yet for this year but Eels and Titans chasing him for next year and beyond. Apparently most NRL teams wouldn't have the cap space for him, even for 2010 and would have to move on a number of players to fit him in. I would say that if he doesn't end up playing Union OS, Tuqiri could kick off a raft of player movements as teams manipulate their roster to fit him in.

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope Panthers look at trying to fit him in for the remainder of the season. Would definitely minimise the damage injuries have done to our backline.

Although it's our lock/front row that are suffering the most from injury. Petero and Lewis are just irreplaceable.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm not too sure on those young fellas backgrounds, but isn't Carney also capable of playing in the backrow?

So you could have:
1. Dugan
2. Monaghan
3. Croker
4. Vidot
5. ?????
11./12. Carney

I might be wrong. Although I always thought that Carney was similar to Tony Williams. Able to play wing/centre/backrow.

Someone

Bench
from RLW:

Phil Graham and Daniel Conn to roosters
Raiders scott logan to have talks with bulldogs
Struggling Cooper Vuna to struggling tigers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ouch, R69 will explode if that happens.

Im not worried at this stage, everyone with half a brain knows Vidot is one of the best young talents in the game today, and Don Furner certainly has half a brain. If Vidot wants to stay, the club will make it happen, if he doesnt, there's nothing we can do about it

If he does leave, who ever picks him up has a future international on their hands IMHO

D

Deleted member 10972

from RLW:

Phil Graham and Daniel Conn to roosters
Raiders scott logan to have talks with bulldogs
Struggling Cooper Vuna to struggling tigers.

For Roosters, Phil Graham I kind of understand, as they need pace in the backline.

But Conn? Jeez, they have enough backrowers as it is. Unless they are signing him up as a direct replacement for Fitzgibbon...in which case, this would be pointless, as we have young guns Warea-Hargreaves and Cordner ready to step up.

ando4285

Juniors
For Roosters, Phil Graham I kind of understand, as they need pace in the backline.

But Conn? Jeez, they have enough backrowers as it is. Unless they are signing him up as a direct replacement for Fitzgibbon...in which case, this would be pointless, as we have young guns Warea-Hargreaves and Cordner ready to step up.

i don't know if cordner is ready to step up next year as he only played 1 toyota cup game before having his jaw broken and i think jwh will play front row. But i do agree that conn would b a waste of money considering how well tom symonds has gone this year and all the anasta to lock talk

D

Deleted member 10972

Graham went good in 2005, 2006 and 2007. Better than any of our centres anyway.

2005 - 19 games, 12 tries, 11 linebreaks
2006 - 19 games, 11 tries, 16 linebreaks
2007 - 15 games, 7 tries, 8 linebreaks

2008 he did little due to injury, and this year he has had little impact, but still, him at the age of 29 with injuries under his belt is still faster than Soliola, Aubusson and Sa. We really have no genuinely fast centres.

ando4285

Juniors
i'm just hopin that graham can do half of what weyman has done. This phil graham thing has been floating around for a month or so u'd think he would have signed already

Macko8

Juniors
hopefully graham does go to the roosters
will open up the door for daniel vidot,who i believe should have already made his FG debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.