What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
There is a massive story doing the rounds that Brad Fittler will be coaching is some capacity at the Melbourne Storm in 2010. Not only was it on the radio in Brisbane but it was on a Bulldogs Kennel site as well.

Ladmate

Bench
Wigan stand-off Mark Flanagan is heading to Wests Tigers, who are also set to sign England forward Sam Burgess from Bradford for 2010.

So Sam Burgess looks to go to the tigers...awesome!

nyx

Juniors
Found it:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/121238/Crusaders-deported

SIX players from Celtic Crusaders are to be kicked out of the UK as immigration offenders.

The group – all Australian – admitted lying in their visa application to enter and stay in the country following a Government investigation.

Skipper Jace van Dijk, full-back Tony Duggan, half-back Damien Quinn, centres Josh Hannay and Mark Dalle Court and second-row Darren Mapp all pleaded guilty.

It is understood they hid their intention to play professional and semi-pro sport when applying for holiday and student visas.

All six have been banned from playing again for the club this season and have until September 7 to exit the UK – with no chance of returning for 10 years.

A UK Border Agency spokesman said: “Six Australian nationals have been served with papers confirming that they are illegally present in the UK.

“We now expect these individuals to leave the country. If they refuse to do so voluntarily, we will enforce their removal.”

Government officials are also looking into any involvement the Crusaders may have had.

WAKEFIELD have cleared the way for England’s Ryan Atkins to move to Warrington next season after recruiting Canterbury Bulldogs centre Daryl Millard to replace him.

Atkins is expected to be joined at the Halliwell Jones Stadium by Salford’s England scrum-half Richard Myler and a front-row signing – possibly Celtic Crusaders’ Mark Bryant.

Wigan stand-off Mark Flanagan is heading to Wests Tigers, who are also set to sign England forward Sam Burgess from Bradford for 2010.

Penance

Juniors

So Sam Burgess looks to go to the tigers...awesome!
I'll believe that when i see the official announcement

Penance

Juniors
why would farah go, burgess is a prop forward.
English invasion

Whether or not Souths can negotiate a release fee with Bradford for boom Great Britain prop Sam Burgess, Wests Tigers second-rower Gareth Ellis won't be the only Englishman in the NRL next season - and he may not be the only one at his club. Wigan back-rower Mark Flanagan has been strongly linked to the Tigers, while Castleford front-rower Chris Feather is also looking for a start in the NRL next season.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/mats-tweets-lead-to-trouble/2009/08/20/1250362166208.html

Means Burgess ain't going Tigers

Rovelli

Bench
I don't really mind the infusion of Poms. I really applaud Ellis for testing himself in the premier league competition; he has been a standout this season.

Patorick

Staff member
I don't really mind the infusion of Poms. I really applaud Ellis for testing himself in the premier league competition; he has been a standout this season.

Agreed, and I think it's the only way for English league in general to improve on the international stage.

Look at guys like Leon Pryce, Jon Wilkin and Stuart Fielden. Had chances to come over here and take their games to the next level, but chose instead to remain big fishes in the small ponds over there.

Ladmate

Bench
English invasion

Whether or not Souths can negotiate a release fee with Bradford for boom Great Britain prop Sam Burgess, Wests Tigers second-rower Gareth Ellis won't be the only Englishman in the NRL next season - and he may not be the only one at his club. Wigan back-rower Mark Flanagan has been strongly linked to the Tigers, while Castleford front-rower Chris Feather is also looking for a start in the NRL next season.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/mats-tweets-lead-to-trouble/2009/08/20/1250362166208.html

Means Burgess ain't going Tigers

Lol I hope you rip yourselves off for him. 800k to get him a year early? And where the hell are you getting your cap space from? You signed Dave Taylor for 370k.

boonboon

Juniors
I am based in Leeds UK and the rumour here is that Burgess will join his good mate Flanagan at the Tigers as they are mates and have Gareth there.

The tigers will be swapping some players for Burgess -Payten being one not sure of the others

sando88

Not a Moderator
I am based in Leeds UK and the rumour here is that Burgess will join his good mate Flanagan at the Tigers as they are mates and have Gareth there.

The tigers will be swapping some players for Burgess -Payten being one not sure of the others

sounds like a fair swap lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts