What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achillies

Juniors
Doesn't sound right because it's not right. You can't take 500k and add it on to next years cap just because you didn't spend it. HOWEVER, if players agree, you can front load contracts which means that you're just paying players in advance one year and in return they recieve less the following years, which could in theory free up extra money under the cap for following years.

Whether the Bulldogs have done this or not I have no idea.

Thanks for clearing that up. No wonder this subject causes so much discussion,there are so many variables involved.

ouwet

Bench
Doesn't sound right because it's not right. You can't take 500k and add it on to next years cap just because you didn't spend it. HOWEVER, if players agree, you can front load contracts which means that you're just paying players in advance one year and in return they recieve less the following years, which could in theory free up extra money under the cap for following years.

Whether the Bulldogs have done this or not I have no idea.

Before the 2008 season the Bulldogs lost Sherwin, O'Meley & Mason...

These players WERE NOT Replaced in 2008...

In 2008 we were under the cap by close to 1 million dollars... That same squad with SAME VALUE went on to 2009 then we lost SBW, Reni, Corey Hughes, Willie tonga + others from the 1st grade squad SO we signed Ennis, Kimmorley, Stagg etc... Again we didn't use the whole cap... So that same value is transfered to 2010, we're losing plenty of players in the 1st grade squad thisyear and now we're replacing them with FRINGE 1st graders let's be honest all of them are (Except Dene). We still got money to move also... Expect some more signings.

Again the NRL would have access to everything the Bulldogs do in regards to signings...

andrew123

Juniors
Again the NRL would have access to everything the Bulldogs do in regards to signings...[/QUOTE]

spot on

if there was a problem with the salary cap im certain there would be investigations

so stop bitching how the bulldogs are cheating it

skeepe

Immortal
In 2008 we were under the cap by close to 1 million dollars...

Not possible. There are rules to prevent this, brought in after Manly used their free cap space one year to pay a signing bonus to the likes of Kennedy and Kite in the year before they started with the club. It's called a salary cap floor, and states that each club must use a certain amount of their cap. While you can have some space, I'm certain you can't have $1,000,000 spare.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Skeepe, it was more like $1.9 million however we back loaded Luke Patten and Andrew Ryan's contracts to adhere by the rule you're talking about. Noad did it, one of the smartest things he did for us.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They said the same thing last year and we got Lillyman out of it. I'm already getting prepared to be underwhelmed and/or pissed off.

I can feel Joel Clinton's shadow stretching over Mt Smart already and it scares the sh*t out of me.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Not possible. There are rules to prevent this, brought in after Manly used their free cap space one year to pay a signing bonus to the likes of Kennedy and Kite in the year before they started with the club. It's called a salary cap floor, and states that each club must use a certain amount of their cap. While you can have some space, I'm certain you can't have $1,000,000 spare.
Maybe not 1,000,000 but we did have quiet a bit. The overs we paid for Patten and Ryan i think would open up for at least 2 signings, El Masri retiring is an extra 200 k, we signed Millard for big bucks and he is off to Bradford. It all adds up. And dont forget, i highly doubt any of these signed would walk straight into our starting 13, aside from Turner. The only weak link is Warburton, and he has been playing pretty good lately. Alot of them would not be for big bucks.

Im hearing Tigers were a bit tight under the cap (situation with Fulton if anyone remembers), Paea was coming off the bench, Green played a handful of games all season, as did TK. From what i can see, most of them are coming off the bench.

andrew123

Juniors
bulldogs looking to sign another forward

.....The Bulldogs remain in the market for another forward to replace the departing Greg Eastwood next season, despite yesterday announcing the recruitment of his New Zealand teammate Dene Halatau from Wests Tigers.

.....but the Bulldogs 2010 recruitment drive isn't over yet and there will almost certainly be another forward join the club to replace Eastwood.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...-luring-halatau/2009/08/14/1249756446786.html

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Greenberg's management is fantastic... But you have to be one of the biggest tools on here.
I speak my mind champ. And I for one am sick to death of coming on here every day reading tossers carry on with non-factual rubbish about the 'Dogs being over the cap all because we sign a few players.

Status
Not open for further replies.