What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penance

Juniors
Lol I hope you rip yourselves off for him. 800k to get him a year early? And where the hell are you getting your cap space from? You signed Dave Taylor for 370k.
Goes to show how little about football you know. And how accurate you are.

Dave Taylor signed for 270k a year at souths

And Souths are offering 200k first year for burgess, 350k for the other 3 years.

The transfer fee is about 100k pounds.

Do you mean a 120kg front rower with ball skills and pace .... oh that's right Souths bought one of them for next year...:lol::lol:

Taylor's biggest problem is consistency. One of the most frustrating players we've had up here for the last couple of years. Yes, he can hit the line hard and with pace, and pull out some great defence. Also a very potent attacking option. But the last 3 weeks notwithstanding, we just haven't seen enough of it week in and week out. To me, he's another Carl Webb. All the potential in the world, but just not enough drive to get fit and stay fit long term.

Good luck to Souths, I hope you can make a consistent performer out of him.

Last edited:

supercharger

Juniors
Goes to show how little about football you know. And how accurate you are.

Dave Taylor signed for 270k a year at souths

And Souths are offering 200k first year for burgess, 350k for the other 3 years.

The transfer fee is about 100k pounds.
Actually it goes to show what you know also very little
There is no way in hell bradford would settle for 100k it'll cost alot more
Could even break the previous world record transfer fee which was somehere around the $850,000 to $880,000 australian dollars that wigan
paid bradford for fielden and bradford consider burgess to be in the same class.So 100k is just ridonculous

aussie7798

First Grade
Thurston doesn't get any of the $500,000, It all goes to club hes brought from.

look at the example and follow the money according to my example the thurston got 500k from non cap club then non cap club got 500k from cowboys and thurstons salary at cowboys is only 50k

hellteam

First Grade
look at the example and follow the money according to my example the thurston got 500k from non cap club then non cap club got 500k from cowboys and thurstons salary at cowboys is only 50k

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it really applies in this case

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I see what you're saying, but I don't think it really applies in this case

This year there was an equiry regarding Liam Fulton and had an agreed fee been paid to cover his cost by the Wests Tigers to play a season in the ESL it would of fallen under the Wests Tigers cap, the only way around that was to "release" Fulton allow him to sign for 1 season and then return back to the Wests Tigers for next season.

If a transfer fee is paid that will be included in the cap as its apart of the purchase price here in the NRL, unlike the ESL.

Todd Payten is another example, at one stage his contract was still being paid for by the Raiders, Roosters and only 25% paid for by the Tigers because that was a player discarded (compensation) scenario which happens more often in the NRL. The amount the Raiders and Roosters were paying fell under those teams cap during that time.

As for Burgess if I was a Souths fan I wouldn't be so confident and I definatley wouldn't be saying he isn't coming to the Tigers either at the moment for the 2011 season.

TimmyB

Juniors
What's your info Phil (I know your name from the old days), you've been near enough the mark before?

Feel free to pm...

nrlnrl

First Grade
hopefully not Newport Gwent Dragons ? ( Welsh rugby side )

did you hear this on 2UE last night ? if not, how reliable is the person who told you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts