What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10972

Lots of strength in the rumor now of:

Mason > Rugby (Japan)
Ryles > Roosters

Tuqiri is still unsettled, but apparently Bayonne are out of contention.

Expect to see:

Nuuausala
Friend
Ryles
Cherrington
Myles
Anasta

Jones
Symonds
Waerea-Hargreaves
Paea

The Colonel

Immortal
Sa -> Warriors
Moon -> Roosters

In a player swap apparently according to The Mole in RLW.

Other mentions.

Brad Morrin -> Salford
Craig Stapleton -> Back to Australia
Jeff Robson -> ESL
Terrence Seu Seu -> Souths
Motu Tony, Todd Byrne and Josh Cordoba -> Released by Hull

D

Deleted member 10972

JOEL MOON?!?!

What on earth would we need him for? We already have a player exactly like Moon who is younger and cheaper - Ben Jones.

The Colonel

Immortal
JOEL MOON?!?!

What on earth would we need him for? We already have a player exactly like Moon who is younger and cheaper - Ben Jones.

According to the Mole Peter O'Sullivan is a huge fan and even blasted Wayne Bennett when he wasn't allowed to follow him to Melbourne.

If you are shocked about that one, the other rumour I have heard recently is Tony Zappia to link back with Brian Smith at the Roosters. ;-)

Tom Ace

Bench
Sa -> Warriors
Moon -> Roosters

In a player swap apparently according to The Mole in RLW.

Other mentions.

Brad Morrin -> Salford
Craig Stapleton -> Back to Australia
Jeff Robson -> ESL
Terrence Seu Seu -> Souths
Motu Tony, Todd Byrne and Josh Cordoba -> Released by Hull

Thank. Christ.

Also, Joel Moon is interesting.

Boofhead

Juniors
There is no way Parra could squeeze Thurston and Hayne into their line up unless all the other players take pay cuts.

The Colonel

Immortal
There is no way Parra could squeeze Thurston and Hayne into their line up unless all the other players take pay cuts.

Well, we have more players coming off contract than we have had for a while - Hayne, Inu, Mortimer, Mateo, Cayless, Burt, Grothe..... among others. I'm sure a few will stay and a few will go.

Never say never.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah I would have said Parra would have nearly been favourites to sign Thurston until Hayne started playing ridiculously good 10 or so weeks ago.

Spike

First Grade
More on Scott Hill

Former Harlequins and Australia half-back Scott Hill is poised for a shock NRL comeback next year.

Hill, who played 258 games for the Bulldogs, Hunter, Melbourne and Quins and 10 Tests for Australia, is in negotiations to come out of retirement with Brisbane next year.

"I know I’ve still got that little bit in me and I still have a lot to offer at the top level,’’ Hill tells Australian magazine Rugby League Week.

"I definitely miss playing and think I can probably come back and play for another two or three years – the year off has me refreshed and hungry for a return.’’

Hill said Broncos coach Ivan Henjak even suggested he return this year. “I did speak to Ivan and there was a chance of some money being freed up and I could have been back earlier this year but nothing came of it," Hill says.

"Obviously living in Caloundra, it would be ideal playing for Brisbane but … we are prepared to travel again anywhere."

http://www.lasttackle.com/news_2640-hill-poised-for-shock-nrl-return.html

Spike

First Grade
Bulldog's Brent Crisp will be captaining/coaching Young Cherrypickers next year. Haven't got a link

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Matt Head to Dapto as captain coach aparently he was going to make a decision this week

Last edited:

mortz

yep.... jason ryles, catalans dont want him, although he had a blinder last night so they might retract that

Status
Not open for further replies.