What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10972

Brad Takairangi (Souths NYC)
Kane Linnett (Dragons NYC)
Jason Baitieri (Eels NYC)

All have signed to Roosters/Jets (not 100% sure which one), just waiting on a written source for confirmation. Other NYC players to have signed with the Roosters that HAVE been confirmed are Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Manly NYC - 3 years) and Steve Naughton (Raiders NYC - 2 years).

D

Deleted member 10972

Typical stupid response. Probably one of the usual who forget that we have re-signed Jones, SKD, Perrett, Pearce, Nuuausala, Friend, Cherrington, M Aubusson, Symonds and Sa, all who were developed by Roosters and debuted in first grade for Roosters.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Typical stupid response. Probably one of the usual who forget that we have re-signed Jones, SKD, Perrett, Pearce, Nuuausala, Friend, Cherrington, M Aubusson, Symonds and Sa, all who were developed by Roosters and debuted in first grade for Roosters.

The reason the roosters cop so much is because they'll sign youngsters before their first grade debut, play them in first grade and then claim them as developed juniors.

Iafeta

Referee

Well... that's not entirely true. Frank-Paul Nuaausala was a Warriors junior who was let go at the beginning of 2007 and debuted that year for the Roosters. He was a Junior Kiwis representative out of Mangere. I'd suggest Warriors and moreso Mangere and the Junior Kiwis system had something to do with Frank-Paul's development to being ready for first grade. I think it's drawing a very long bow to suggest Frank-Paul is a development product of the Roosters system.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well... that's not entirely true. Frank-Paul Nuaausala was a Warriors junior who was let go at the beginning of 2007 and debuted that year for the Roosters. He was a Junior Kiwis representative out of Mangere. I'd suggest Warriors and moreso Mangere and the Junior Kiwis system had something to do with Frank-Paul's development to being ready for first grade. I think it's drawing a very long bow to suggest Frank-Paul is a development product of the Roosters system.
He's not the only player that's a product of another juniors system. From the little info I could find online a couple of them looked like they could have been part of other junior systems before the Roosters signed them... although I couldn't find any definite info so it's hard to say with certainty.

Although I found enough information to know that Sam Perrett is definitely not a Roosters junior:
While attending Palm Beach Currumbin Senior High School in 2003, Perrett was selected to play for the Australian Schoolboys team.
A Gold Coast junior, Perrett came to the Sydney Roosters ahead of the 2004 season. It was in Round 15 of the 2004 season that he made his first grade debut, playing on the wing against the Newcastle Knights at Aussie Stadium.
So that's another player that the Roosters signed, made his debut in his first season with them and is now being passed off as one of their juniors.

Johns Magic

Referee
But what else do you expect the Roosters to do? It's not their fault they've got such a tiny junior base, identifying talent before it hits first-grade is the best they can do.

I see no problem with it.

franklin2323

Immortal

You dropkick Mack

Jones QLDer
SKD NZ junior
Pearce - Bears
Nuuasala NZ
Friend -Noosa
Sa - NZ
Perrett - GC

All played junior Kiwi's or schoolboys at another club. Great Development that take them put them in 12st grade and claim them as juniors

ando4285

Juniors
He's not the only player that's a product of another juniors system. From the little info I could find online a couple of them looked like they could have been part of other junior systems before the Roosters signed them... although I couldn't find any definite info so it's hard to say with certainty.

Although I found enough information to know that Sam Perrett is definitely not a Roosters junior:
So that's another player that the Roosters signed, made his debut in his first season with them and is now being passed off as one of their juniors.

perret was in the undeafeted flegg team as well played both years

Status
Not open for further replies.