What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
What is it with the Warriors and bad purchases? They have enough wingers over there.

Enough Wingers? Hardly...
If McKinnon doesn't improve then I think he will get dropped and Locke will play fullback which leaves a free wing spot. They have no decent replacements and the warriors got found out with their lack of depth in the centres this year. Plus he is a fantastic goal kicker, something the warriors are lacking also. He would be a good signing for them.

Iafeta

Referee
What is it with the Warriors and bad purchases? They have enough wingers over there.

Who have they got?

They have got rid of Aiden Kirk, Denan Kemp and Malo Solomona who were first grade wingers as at the end of 2009. That leaves them with their current wingers, Manu Vatuvei, great player, and Kevin Locke who is a fullback by trade. They have Patrick Ah Van who hasn't performed at all. If three wingers, one of which is a fullback and the other who is probably more of a centre, are too many... wow.

They have a lot of good outside backs coming through NYC, but most of them have another year of eligibility in that competition. Likiliki, Thomas Ah Van, Seluini, Bill Tupou, Elijah Niko, they're all still graded for U20s for 2010.

They need a winger.

One Warrior

Bench
Enough Wingers? Hardly...
If McKinnon doesn't improve then I think he will get dropped and Locke will play fullback which leaves a free wing spot. They have no decent replacements and the warriors got found out with their lack of depth in the centres this year. Plus he is a fantastic goal kicker, something the warriors are lacking also. He would be a good signing for them.

Definitely agree, we got rid of Solomona & Kirk, so that leaves our only wing replacement with Nrl experience being Ah Van and he's mud. Burt would be great for us, because I believe McKinnon is on notice and then Locke would go to fullback.

DeeJ

Bench
I didn't know they lost Kirk and I was referring to the under 20's.

A utility back would be a better choice I think as you mentioned the warriors struggled in the centers this year.

Iafeta

Referee
The Warriors had utilities coming out their ying-yangs this season, the trouble is none of them were especially consistent/good at their favoured positions;

Moon
Hohaia (he wasn't too bad, but he certainly is not a centre)
Ah Van
Mannering (well, he wasn't too bad)

They struggled in the centres probably due to Tate being out. Not so much offensively, but defensively he's sound. They'll have him back next year with Ropati and Moon going for the other spot, and it looks like Elijah Taylor's first stop in first grade will be centre till he grows a bit in size to fill his more natural locking position.

natheel

Coach
burt would be a good buy for warriors but i hope it doesnt happen

but if it does

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Tate
4. Ropati ?
5. Vatuvai

thts a pretty good backline there IF mckinnon improves and pulls his finger out

Status
Not open for further replies.