What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Odd rumour that I just heard on talkin sport that Matt Orford may be headed to the Canberra Raiders, anyone hear anything similar ?

gong_eagle

First Grade
Odd rumour that I just heard on talkin sport that Matt Orford may be headed to the Canberra Raiders, anyone hear anything similar ?

The Colonel

Immortal
I think its due to the fact that players have life too. Its a big call to up and move ur family with a couple of weeks notice.

Not a big call at all..... when I took my new job I had four weeks to organise a house, removalists and pack to move. My wife and I have two young children as well. I didn't have anyone but my wife and I to rely on either.

The contacts most clubs have they can organise accomodation for short periods until they can move their families anyway.

Plenty of players that have taken up deals with overseas clubs and moved in a matter of a week.....

Noa

First Grade
Not a big call at all..... when I took my new job I had four weeks to organise a house, removalists and pack to move. My wife and I have two young children as well. I didn't have anyone but my wife and I to rely on either.

The contacts most clubs have they can organise accomodation for short periods until they can move their families anyway.

Plenty of players that have taken up deals with overseas clubs and moved in a matter of a week.....

Yep.

Plus the wife and kids dont have to move immediatley. Say you sign a contract in October, no need for the family to be there till the end of January, thats 3-4 months. Not even taking into account that clubs can surely help with schools and all that through contacts.

Raider_69

Post Whore

You and me both
we're a good halfback away from being contenders

we dont need a great one, which is handy because orford isnt that. But he'd add so much to our side... we'd be top 4 and IMO good chance at the comp next year with him in #7

but tbh, ill win the lottery before a bloke like orford comes to canberra

Iafeta

Referee
Yep.

Plus the wife and kids dont have to move immediatley. Say you sign a contract in October, no need for the family to be there till the end of January, thats 3-4 months. Not even taking into account that clubs can surely help with schools and all that through contacts.

While I'm sure it'd suit the Sydney-clubs waiting to the end of the season ('sif relocating is an issue), if I look at my own club I'd suggest it takes a fair bit of effort to up and move overseas for an opportunity.

Players have a right to settle their career aspirations as early as possible. It'd also allow those players to concentrate on the back end of the season in their current capacities without the nagging thought of their future being constantly on the line. The system we have works fine.

cupid

Juniors
Orford isn't that bad but he is always playing injured, and that isn't going to change as he is getting older, I hope he does sign else where because I would hate to learn that we have resigned him for 2 or 3 years.

Dutchy

Immortal
The best thing about losing Orford means will probably keep Foran for a long long time and hopefully one or both of DCE and Hokko

Raider_69

Post Whore
Orford isn't even a good halfback. Take him, please.

He is good enough to be a vital cog in the Manly machine... which has included a premiership and dally m medal (not that Dally M's mean anything).

I get a Brett Kimmorley - Sharks vibe from manly fans. I dont think they realise how good their guy is and they probably wont until he's gone and by then they'll be so jaded by his success elsewhere and how wrong they were, they'll be too stubborn to admit they were wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts