What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point and implication of my post was that Marshall would be taken out of the front line. To accommodate that Hodgson would not be at the club. Obviously in attack he will get his hands on the ball as much as possible so in essence the Tigers will have 2 teams/structures - an attacking line up and a defensive lineup with Marshall at fullback. This is the only realistic, logical solution the club has/had to protect his shoulders and their investment. He is the one the sponsors love, the kids love, the girls love, the fans love and the media love. And he's still very young. So I take it you won't be wagering that Hodgson will be fullback next season ? In which case your intial response was an argumentative response to provoke a reaction when, in essence you actually agree with me ...

smeghead

Bench
If you had said 1 in defence and roving commision/6 in attack I would have agreed with you.

If you had actually made the statement Hodgo will be moving on despite rumours I would have agreed with you.

Without the vagueries in your initial post I am sure I would have agreed with you as I have believed ever since Hodgo's rehab was initially botched that he would be bound for England in 08 regardless of Marshall

I thought the taken out of the front line/protect shoulders statements i made implied exactly what i thought/think will happen. So we are in agreeance. How amiable on a Friday afternoon. I might just throw that 100 tonight on Penriff.

Shannon looks beefier than previously. Looked like a mini Lafranchi on the weekend (but obviously a very fast one). Could probably defend in the front line now. The other variable is Whatuira. If he moves on then Lawrence will most likely play centre. If he stays then Lawrence could defend at 5/8 and swap with marshall in attack.

Perhaps the Hodgson situation is another reason there has been little movement on the negotiations of Whatuira and Harrison ...

smeghead

Bench
Well I have 50 on Penrith by 13+ as my true smokey bet for the week. LOL In the end it's on a $50 so no great loss

I am still not sold on Shannon TBH. Has alot of talent but time in the top grade will tell. Whatuira is the big what if for next year I guess. He would be a loss but maybe all things weighed up he could be a sustainable loss

They had better re-sign Bronson soon

Can't see it being by 13+. Just think they got close against us and are close to turning a corner. And that the Melbourne game would have really taken it out of Manly. It will be freezing at penriff tonight by kick off. Slippery, dewy and Manly would have sat in a coach in Friday arvo traffic etc. I think it's tailor made for Penriff tonight.

Shannon has the one thing you can't coach. Pace. I thought he busted his hand again trying to stop a try. It didn't look good.

smeghead

Bench
I just got the feeling that Penrith are really close to something at the moment. If Wallace acts as their chief playmaker and Gower directs the pigs only I could see it going to a blowout. That and $6.25 were odds to good to pass on. But hey if I am wrong so be it

Very true, he has always seemed fractionally out of his depth defensively at 1sy Grade level but that should come with experience. Aparantly scans on the hand proved no damage done

mxlegend99

Referee
13+ for Panthers?

Damn i wish i had the confidence in my team. LOL. It's definitely possible. But it's just as possible to be the opposite way.

$7 on centrebet ... Very very tempting.
Manly are playing above themselves. They are a tramp trying to wear prada but at the end of the day you can't polish a turd and there are only so many bombs, intercepts etc you can score off

mxlegend99

Referee
Won't happen. Although if it does, maybe he can tell Gower he's crap and help him find his old form as he did with Anasta :)

skeepe

Immortal
Anasta's a funny beast. Clearly requires a tongue-lashing or a knock to the head to play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts