What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurstar

Juniors
looks like soufs are the new roosters they want every player who is off contract ..
They are the new joke of the NRL

Penance

Juniors
gurstar said:
looks like soufs are the new roosters they want every player who is off contract ..
give yourself an uppercut champ, and have a happy new year

Penance said:
Luke Lewis > Souths

oh good god no...i hope your kiddin.

we have a couple of talented backs, waiting to push for first grade, and i dnt want another over-rated over the hi;; hack aka hegarty, to stand in their way.

NGR

Juniors
COACH STERLING said:
south sydney to try and purchase any parra player coming of contract
no muppet, we are chasing an outside back... it so happens you have 2 of contract who meet the criteria...

ignorance is bliss... parra fans seem to be in heaven...

NGR

Juniors
gurstar said:
f*ck how many misguided fools are out there?

il say this for yet another muppet... we are chasing 1 outside back, not 2 not 5 not 15... we are chasing just 1 outside back...

so if trying to sign 1 marquee player a year is becoming the new roosters then fine we are the new roosters..

now crawl back under your rock :roll:

Y2Eel

First Grade
NGR said:
f*ck how many misguided fools are out there?

il say this for yet another muppet... we are chasing 1 outside back, not 2 not 5 not 15... we are chasing just 1 outside back...

so if trying to sign 1 marquee player a year is becoming the new roosters then fine we are the new roosters..

now crawl back under your rock :roll:

Hayne and Gidley are 2 outside backs the Bunnies have chased or expressed interest in... So 2 is greater then 1 :cool:

NGR

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
Hayne and Gidley are 2 outside backs the Bunnies have chased or expressed interest in... So 2 is greater then 1 :cool:
and how many did we get?

if you are really that ignorant why reply for?

NGR

Juniors
skeepe said:
Actually it basically is..
even penrith signed petro... does that mean they are the roosters too?:roll:

use your brain buddy, there is a big difference between signing as many rep players as you can to sign one quality player to value add to your team... espicially souths, we have a lot of deadwood we are slowly getting rid of to get 1 quality player...

i

skeepe

Immortal
NGR said:

use your brain buddy, there is a big difference between signing as many rep players as you can to sign one quality player to value add to your team... espicially souths, we have a lot of deadwood we are slowly getting rid of to get 1 quality player...

i

Agreed. However you said 1 marquee player per season. How many clubs sign a marquee player every year? Not many.

NGR

Juniors
skeepe said:
Agreed. However you said 1 marquee player per season. How many clubs sign a marquee player every year? Not many.
ok 1 marquee until we are back up to scratch with everyone else... so probably 2009 would be the last year we get someone, hopefully by then our mix of juniors should mean we need the money to keep other players coming through.

skeepe

Immortal
I don't get your argument. You are saying that Souths are going to go better than last season, when they finished 7th, and yet you say that you need to buy marquee players so you're "on par with the rest of the league".

By admission, you are stating that Souths are a below-standard club that needs to resort to importing marquee players to have any success. Yet at the same time, you are saying that Souths are one of the best clubs in the league. Anyone else confused?

mxlegend99

Referee
NGR said:

i
They made one marquee signing, their first in years. Hardly puts them in the same company as the Souths and Roosters.

Penance

Juniors
skeepe said:
I don't get your argument. You are saying that Souths are going to go better than last season, when they finished 7th, and yet you say that you need to buy marquee players so you're "on par with the rest of the league".

By admission, you are stating that Souths are a below-standard club that needs to resort to importing marquee players to have any success. Yet at the same time, you are saying that Souths are one of the best clubs in the league. Anyone else confused?
We want to be a top 4 contender. I believe that is the goal of ALL clubs, you will get there one day, prolly 3-4 years time. Gidley would of been a 5/8th for us, considering we wanted Hayne as a full back.

So that's 1 outside back.

NGR

Juniors
skeepe said:

when did i say souths would go better than 7th?

i would be stoked if we make the 8 again...

you are trying to spin this sh*t to suite you, grow up tool...

skeepe

Immortal
NGR said:
when did i say souths would go better than 7th?

i would be stoked if we make the 8 again...

you are trying to spin this sh*t to suite you, grow up tool...

You're the one making perplexing statements. Fair enough, so you don't think Souths are any better than anyone else. In fact, you think they're substandard and have to keep buying marquee players just to catch up with the rest of the comp. I can respect that point of view. It's refreshing that you're so honest.

NGR

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
They made one marquee signing, their first in years. Hardly puts them in the same company as the Souths and Roosters.
its becoming obvious that everyone thinks souths are buying a priemership...

i would have thought buying 1 marquee a year until we lose the crap and become par with everyone else wouldnt be buying a priemrship...

can anyone else see the difference to say the roosters and souths?

am i wrong in thinking we arnt buying a priemership?

skeepe

Immortal
NGR said:
its becoming obvious that everyone thinks souths are buying a priemership...

Because they are. For all the hypocritical talk of junior development, they just go after marquee players. There's nothing wrong with that, but be upfront about it.

i would have thought buying 1 marquee a year until we lose the crap and become par with everyone else wouldnt be buying a priemrship...

You already have more marquee players than a lot of clubs. The only clubs you're striving to be "on par" with now, are the ones who have bought premierships before, such as the Roosters.

can anyone else see the difference to say the roosters and souths?

No. It's exactly the same thing.

am i wrong in thinking we arnt buying a priemership?

Yes. But then again, why do you care? If it brings you success, does it really matter how it was achieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts