What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITAN1

Juniors
The Mack said:
Who did Roosters sign in 2000? Luke Phillips, nomad who couldn't crack FG consistently. Craig Fitzgibbon, St George benchie. And Craig Wing, from a team that crashed and burned, young & VERY raw still.

2001? Adrian Morley, relatively big name but first major ESL signing, still yound huge risk. Paul Green...lol.

2002? Brett Mullins, already considered washed up in ESL. Justin Hodges, reserve grade at Broncos. Jason Cayless, reserve grade at Eels. Chad Robinson, reserve grade at Eels. David Kidwell, from Warrington, out of form. Eric Grothe, reserve grade at Eels.

2003? Brett Finch, first big name signing as an established FGer. Chris Walker, Souths reject. Ned Catic, Penrith reserve grader. Todd Payten, struggling for form at Raiders. Stuart Webb, Magpies reserve grade.

2004? No-one of note.

2005? Amos Roberts, direct replacement for Shannon Hegarty. Joel Monaghan, direct replacement for Justin Hodges. Richard Fa'aoso, Penrith reserve grade. Brett Firman, Dragons reserve grade. Shane Shackleton, Dragons reserve grade.

That is 6 seasons, and the only somewhat big name players are Roberts (barely any rep experience), Monaghan (no rep experience), Mullins (stopgap) and Walker. It was only in 2006 that Roosters signed Anasta & Harrison on big money. 2007...Roosters signed Myles, Nutley & Beattie. Yeh...major signings there :roll:.

Last 10 years ay? lol.
Where are the mods?
Why the f*ck is every thread being turned into a souths vs easts wankfest?
I had a post deleted recently and told to keep my sarcasm to TFC..move all this sh*te there!

Gee_Up

Juniors
Coach Taylor, Merritt and Sutton currently negotiating to extend and all confident of staying. Will be much happier when we lock these three up.

Gee_Up

Juniors
skeepe said:
Pull the other one, it's got bells on. Souths very much wanted to keep Walker.

He asked for a release after a shocker and the fans turned on him, the club couldn't open the door fast enough to relieve us of his hefty contract..

He is a much improved player now in my opinion. Turned himself right around.

Gee_Up

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
Kidwell is a game breaker
Widders can be too

why is it that the tigers always have trouble signing great players yet roosters and souths seem too sign them just like that :x

It's bizarre. The Tigers stock was very high after they won the comp yet your management seemed to chase average players? Was Monk trying to save dough? Seemed like it.

Wasn't Monk it was Noyce
The same man that whores his club;s home games out for 5c
The same man that extends the contract of a coach with a win ratio of 44% in his current job and 38% since 1996
Visionary would be an apt description of someone with such foresight

So much of a visionary that I hear Joan Laporta has moved Barca's game against Real from the Nou Camp to the Beijing Olympic stadium to `maximise revenue'

Gee_Up

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
Wasn't Monk it was Noyce
The same man that whores his club;s home games out for 5c
The same man that extends the contract of a coach with a win ratio of 44% in his current job and 38% since 1996
Visionary would be an apt description of someone with such foresight

So much of a visionary that I hear Joan Laporta has moved Barca's game against Real from the Nou Camp to the Beijing Olympic stadium to `maximise revenue'

Whoever is signing these guys needs to be held accountable.

Crocker, Asotasi, O'Donnell, O'Meley and Monaghan are the kind of players who slipped through without much of a fight to sign them, yet any of them could have improved your side plenty.. then you lost Prince and Laffranchi- your two best players by far. Sounds a lot like my clubs recruitment the past 20 years when we told Fenech and Roberts we had no money to re-sign them at their market rate.. :?

Now I know why your a bitter man :D

Minotaur

Juniors
The Tigers had a perfect chance to become a powerhouse team after their 2005 grand final win, but they dropped the bundle and let some of their most influential players leave. I guess it might be another 15 year rebuilding stage, thanks to Noycey.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Minotaur said:
The Tigers had a perfect chance to become a powerhouse team after their 2005 grand final win, but they dropped the bundle and let some of their most influential players leave. I guess it might be another 15 year rebuilding stage, thanks to Noycey.

given that the beoncos were the last team to win back to back premierships in 97-98, I'd say it would be nearly impossible to form any sort of dynasty in any era, the sallary cap has made sure of that.

Gee_Up

Juniors
eelavation said:
given that the beoncos were the last team to win back to back premierships in 97-98, I'd say it would be nearly impossible to form any sort of dynasty in any era, the sallary cap has made sure of that.

It's much better now, knowing any side can make the semi-finals and once in the top 8 anything can happen. I like the Salary Cap (even with rich owners of my club) as it has achieved exactly what it was intended for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts