What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
at this stage it is very unlikly luke lewis will be at penrith.He wants out and to be honest with the backline talent coming through the juniors he would not make the centers anyway. May end up at tigers .The manonthehill will be pleased

murraymob said:
at this stage it is very unlikly luke lewis will be at penrith.He wants out and to be honest with the backline talent coming through the juniors he would not make the centers anyway. May end up at tigers .The manonthehill will be pleased

where would we play him Lawrence/Halatau/Collis will be our centres this year and probley for the future so i doubt he will go to us , plus we dont have the room under the cap after getting head

im just wondering where u heard the rumor???

colonel_123

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
where would we play him Lawrence/Halatau/Collis will be our centres this year and probley for the future so i doubt he will go to us , plus we dont have the room under the cap after getting head

im just wondering where u heard the rumor???

It was written in the last Sunday Herald that the Tigers were interested in signing Lewis.

murraymob

Coach
its no secret luke lewis wants out.Its been well documented in the papers.And is no secret here at penrith. Lets not forget Sheens love signing penrith players who play in the backline then turning them into backrowers

Dave Q

Coach
Lewis is on the nose at the Panthers, one of many as I understand it.

But mob is right, the Panthers junior-power is breathtaking.

Lewis is a fine footballer. Sometimes a simple change of club can assist a player for no other reason than they respond to a different environment. I hope Joey Willaims has a huge year.

The Tigers think Youngquest can be a Fitzhenry, I think he can be better than that.

Stalefish

Juniors
I think the Tigers will get the best outa Youngquest too. Maybe have Collis and Lewis in the centres and Lawrence at fullback.. How long did Hodgsons re-sign for?

Bench
Stalefish said:
I think the Tigers will get the best outa Youngquest too. Maybe have Collis and Lewis in the centres and Lawrence at fullback.. How long did Hodgsons re-sign for?
Hodgo never re-signed,he is contracted until the end of 2008,the club were going to let him leave a year early,that never happened though.
But your right about lawrie,he should be playing fullback,big strong and quick,his defence is not so great but that was playing in the centres and not reading the play.
Fullback maybe easier for him,and he knows where to be to sniff out a try,something like 16 in 18 games last year.

Bicey_18

Bench
Considering Polglase just retired, there may be a spot for Lewis at Newcastle. Smith said he may be looking to sign a replacement..

NthKnight said:
No thanks, Mad Dog already makes up our quota of over-the-hill outside backs

he is close to the best outside back you got, barring gidley. he is a much better player than Luke McDougall...he still has very solid defence. i wouldnt be ragging him out, I rate him more than Naiqama to be quiet honest, he is another El Masri, Can Goal Kick, wont be a top player in any other aspect of the game.

Naiqama is already turning 26 this year, It feels like he is still a rookie.

Cooper Vuna is a very good prospect, but you cant rate a promising youngster as a better player over an experienced player that has played origin & for his country.

In The End, Adam McDougall is the most consistent backline member at Newcastle, especially in defence. Gidley probably more so in attack.

Panther_Daz said:
3.Michael Jennings
4.Greg Waddell

Sorry Luke...

Waddell will not play first grade this year, he is still only 17. and i saw him play arrive alive cup, and his defence was woeful, i doubt he would even be close to first grade standard.

Luke Lewis will be picked everytime over Waddell until he can prove he is first grade standard.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Waddell will be ready next yr IMO. Until then we have Blair who did a great job in the centres at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts