What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

nqcowboy87

Bench
"I've always had [league] in the back of my mind because I like watching league and I loved playing it," he said.
Now, in this article;
1. Paul Osbourne admits he had a private dinner with Quade, along with Ray Spagnolo (Eels Chairman) and Jarryd Hayne (one of Quade's friends)-Jarryd apparently was there because he would be a huge drawcard for Quade to come to Rugby League (and the Eels).
2. Quade is still saying it is unlikely, but saying he is now seriously considering it.
3. The ARU have now apparently rung him up for 'urgent discussions' concerning his future.

how is that seriously considering it

boxhead

First Grade
how is that seriously considering it

From what he has said in other articles, stuff to friends, etc.
Agree with Avenger, although I think the ARU will throw everything they have at him; would they be able to throw a million dollars at him??
Out of all the NRL clubs we have the most money to sign him, and also the big attraction is to play with Jarryd Hayne (they are mates).
Would be a massive coup if it happened....again though, I doubt it will happen.
Evidence suggests that it does have legs though.

kovana

Juniors
Its HIGHLY unlikely that he will Switch next year.
He is the First Choice Flyhalf, And will play in the RWC 2011.

However i do believe he may sign for the NRL in 2012.

Also remember, it was the ARU who supported him in his times of Trouble. If they had not supported him, the guy would be in jail.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
It seems that Parra have always had a COOPER in there sights.. WOuld be a huge signing for the Eels and the NRL. Do it Quade walk out on that rubbish game and come play League.

kovana

Juniors
It seems that Parra have always had a COOPER in there sights.. WOuld be a huge signing for the Eels and the NRL. Do it Quade walk out on that rubbish game and come play League.

Well, Rubbish it may be to you, he still has A RWC dream he wants to fulfill first.
Like i said, once he finishes with the RWC 2011, he will fly over to the NRL in 2012. Mark my words.

boxhead

First Grade
Because Quade Cooper and Jarryd Hayne are close friends, along with all the other news that has come out this morning, it is looking even more likely he may come to the NRL.
Parramatta have apparently offered him $500,000 a year, and Hayne is urging the NRL to give a bonus to that offer in third-party deals or whatever so as to, not so much help the Eels, but so as to one-up the AFL and RU.
It would be way bigger in sporting than Izzy going to AFL; Quade is the centre of the Wallabies' World Cup dreams, and if he were to come before the World Cup the reverberations would be felt everywhere.
Even Greg Alexander (Brandy) has demanded the NRL to give the Eels offer an extra coating to beat the ARU's offer of $600,000 so that we can pretty much attract a sh*t load of good press to our game.
Here is the article for your viewing;
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/top-up-will-get-cooper/story-e6frey4i-1225905265424

super_coach

First Grade
Because Quade Cooper and Jarryd Hayne are close friends, along with all the other news that has come out this morning, it is looking even more likely he may come to the NRL.
Parramatta have apparently offered him $500,000 a year, and Hayne is urging the NRL to give a bonus to that offer in third-party deals or whatever so as to, not so much help the Eels, but so as to one-up the AFL and RU.
It would be way bigger in sporting than Izzy going to AFL; Quade is the centre of the Wallabies' World Cup dreams, and if he were to come before the World Cup the reverberations would be felt everywhere.
Even Greg Alexander (Brandy) has demanded the NRL to give the Eels offer an extra coating to beat the ARU's offer of $600,000 so that we can pretty much attract a sh*t load of good press to our game.
Here is the article for your viewing;
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/top-up-will-get-cooper/story-e6frey4i-1225905265424

I dont know if the NRL need to get involved in expensive publicity stunts like the AFL and ARU. Also can the NRL be seen to be helping out one club.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Good stuff if it happens. Tonga to the Bunnies. Need a fullback - Nightingale, Milne or Farrar. If Wesser signs on, no more than one year.

Can't stand the sook but Salter would be great as a player wearing the red and green; however, there is no way News Ltd are going to let him leave the Storm. Melbourne and Brisbane have to be looked after by their boss - News Ltd.

Come to the Bunnies Willie Tonga.

Last edited:

lsta5838

Juniors
IMO, Elliott has done a good job with the Panthers this year.

He had done the same in 08 and 09 until it came to two months before the finals, then the slide started... looks like same thing is happening this year too :( but one more win should see us make the 8.

fred95

Juniors
From what he has said in other articles, stuff to friends, etc.
Agree with Avenger, although I think the ARU will throw everything they have at him; would they be able to throw a million dollars at him??
Out of all the NRL clubs we have the most money to sign him, and also the big attraction is to play with Jarryd Hayne (they are mates).
Would be a massive coup if it happened....again though, I doubt it will happen.
Evidence suggests that it does have legs though.
Why should the Parramatta club pay him any money if he has the privlilege of playing football with his new best mate. Some supporters are so naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts