What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the Raiders can find a halback as a replacement for Campese. I think we'll really struggle to make the Top 8 next year, without a quality half.

Orford? Dobson? Hopefully we are in talks with at least one of these two.

I'm confident Don and Dave will come up with something before 2011 comes around.

Doga

Juniors
Interesting...but unless Tandy was on $300k which he wouldn't be...surely someone else has to go to fit Blair in.

Maybe a heavily backloaded contract.

Either way...No excuses for Dogs next year. It should be a top 4 team. Anything less should be unacceptable. They've bought 6-9 players to put into a 17 man team - all of which are better than what they have. No excuse.

You got showed up last time and you are still going.

If you want to continue sooking like a little twat then I suggest taking it directly to Greenberg...

This was his tweet....
And no need to worry about salary cap compliance - we are comfortably under the cap and all documentation is in order! Good governance!
2:18 PM Sep 17th via web

I am sure you can ask him directly via twitter

http://twitter.com/Todd_Greenberg

Doga

Juniors
and by comparison, the Knights sign 3 NYC players, Neville Costigan..... and apparently *drumroll*.... Steve Southern.

On Eastwood, Greenberg says the payment to Leeds is outside the cap, whereas someone who should bloody well know has told me that the payment is counted in the cap....

Can anyone clarify that? You reading this Gallop?
Sam Burgess

Doga

Juniors
did you expect him to tweet .Yes we are rorting the cap.We can sign another 2 and still not get caught

Dogs hardly have a team of superstars. If you want to see that you only have to see the Broncos. We have a few decent players in the team but hardly a game breaker or world beater.

Name 1 player in the Bulldogs team that would be rated the best in his position. You'll be lucky to get a top 3.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love the accusations still flying that we're breaking the cap by signing people :lol:

ByRd

First Grade
lol at the people thinking we are cheating the cap, our team hardly has any big superstars that would be demanding alot of cash, we had room to spend and have lost a number of players, and Ryan is only on about $90k this due to his front loaded contract.

Do you really think our club is that dumb to go over the cap again and go through what we went last time, its just good management and these latest signings would be very cheap, they are depth signings.

Big Mick

Referee
You got showed up last time and you are still going.

If you want to continue sooking like a little twat then I suggest taking it directly to Greenberg...

This was his tweet....

I am sure you can ask him directly via twitter

http://twitter.com/Todd_Greenberg

I'm aware of the tweet numbnuts, I posted it a week ago on here as well...way to keep up with the times.

And I got showed up last time? lol yeah ok.

Like I said when I posted his tweet. If he is so cool about his Salary Cap...and there are not concerns about it...why address it via twitter?

And knobhead. I also said...look if the Dogs are under...good on em...but to 95% of the normal..NON BULLDOG fan...it just looks a bit suspect.

And that comment you quoted was in response to someone saying about releasing Tandy..hence why you are interested in Blair. Are you seriously telling me Tandy is on $300k? LOL. Pull the other one.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
ACQUIRED

RELEASED

Big Mick

Referee
lol at the people thinking we are cheating the cap, our team hardly has any big superstars that would be demanding alot of cash, we had room to spend and have lost a number of players, and Ryan is only on about $90k this due to his front loaded contract.

Do you really think our club is that dumb to go over the cap again and go through what we went last time, its just good management and these latest signings would be very cheap, they are depth signings.

Don't think anyone is disputing the signing of Lett et al. They'd be on like 75-100k max.

Its more the calibre of player brought in with what has been offered compared to what is gone.

And I'll say again...if they are under..good on em. But it just has that "suspect" smell about it from the majority of non-bulldogs fans. You should be happy by this - it means people are actually taking notice of your team.

ByRd

First Grade
It has Eastwood as signed there (assuming he has), it just shows that we are losing a number of players and most of them would of been on good money (including Hickey at 200k a year), we have had room under our cap since 2008 and have not used the full cap because we did not have the players to, now with us losing some players, Ryans contract being front loaded and the cap increasing, we have recruited well and i dont know where this crap of us being over the cap has come from, just good management.

Big Mick

Referee
It has Eastwood as signed there (assuming he has), it just shows that we are losing a number of players and most of them would of been on good money (including Hickey at 200k a year), we have had room under our cap since 2008 and have not used the full cap because we did not have the players to, now with us losing some players, Ryans contract being front loaded and the cap increasing, we have recruited well and i dont know where this crap of us being over the cap has come from, just good management.

I accept what you've brought in THUS far. Its if you get someone like Adam Blair as well...where people will question. And the constant linking of every player to the Dogs.

If the signing of players were to stop there...based on conservative figures run...it'd be right on cap which is great management by Greenberg. Its if Blair signs that looks suspect for me.

Doga

Juniors
I'm aware of the tweet numbnuts, I posted it a week ago on here as well...way to keep up with the times.

And I got showed up last time? lol yeah ok.

Like I said when I posted his tweet. If he is so cool about his Salary Cap...and there are not concerns about it...why address it via twitter?

And knobhead. I also said...look if the Dogs are under...good on em...but to 95% of the normal..NON BULLDOG fan...it just looks a bit suspect.

And that comment you quoted was in response to someone saying about releasing Tandy..hence why you are interested in Blair. Are you seriously telling me Tandy is on $300k? LOL. Pull the other one.

Why wouldn't Greenberg tweet. It is a very useful social networking tool. People from all walks of life use it to keep people informed.

I doubt Greenberg tweeted for your benefit. His tweet would be to ease any worrying from Bulldogs supporters.

Yeah, good on em? If that is your attitude then why whinge every other day? Let it be and see what happens. If we are cheating the salary cap then I hope we get caught also.

ByRd

First Grade
I accept what you've brought in THUS far. Its if you get someone like Adam Blair as well...where people will question. And the constant linking of every player to the Dogs.

If the signing of players were to stop there...based on conservative figures run...it'd be right on cap which is great management by Greenberg. Its if Blair signs that looks suspect for me.
I think we will only go after Blair if Tandy is sacked and he was re-signed on a 2 year deal, so we will still have room to move but we gotta wait and see what happens

Big Mick

Referee
Why wouldn't Greenberg tweet. It is a very useful social networking tool. People from all walks of life use it to keep people informed.

I doubt Greenberg tweeted for your benefit. His tweet would be to ease any worrying from Bulldogs supporters.

Yeah, good on em? If that is your attitude then why whinge every other day? Let it be and see what happens. If we are cheating the salary cap then I hope we get caught also.

I know the benefits of using twitter. I've used it for my charity drives previously. Thanks for the lesson.

And I know Greenberg didn't tweet for my benefit :roll: I just thought it was a weird tweet. I applaud Greenberg for his ability to connect to his fans across many mediums.

I haven't said hardly anything all week...I'm prepared to let it go...but someone keeps coming in and quoting. My only quote this week was in relation to how Blair could be fit in. That was it. And even then I said...well if they can fit him in...fine. But you couldn't get why it would look a bit suss from a non-bulldog fan perspective.

If Parra were in the same position with their roster...and they signed Tolman, Hodkinson, Eastwood and Blair...would you say they are under - or would you look at their roster and think hmmm.

That being said...would I trade you Greenberg for Leary? My short answer...In a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts