What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
Get your hand off it.

Seriously you are bitter that the Penrith management doesn't hold a candle to the bulldogs.

Losing Pritchard really did bite ya, not to worry i wouldn't be surprised to see more panthers come on board in the coming years. :cool:

Not bitter. I just find it hilarious that its possible. I applaud the Dogs. They've done a great job...but I just can't add up how its possible if they get Eastwood and Blair as well..

Good...think that...why don't you take Adrian Purtell...I'd hate if you did that.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Buddy Gordon --> Panthers

Spoke to him yesterday when at their training session with a Bulldog mate of mine. Seems he is going for opportunity for bench spot. Min contract deal.

Not fussed with that...if he does in fact sign. Good for depth I guess.

Franko

Juniors
There seems to be some strong mail going around that Souths might be going to get Craig Gower. Heard from a few sources now and apperently fox sports news have even commented on it.

Franko

Juniors
Bulldogs Losses, Gains and Upgrades/Extensions for 2011:

Losses:
Ben Hannant
Brett Kimmorley
Luke Patten

Gains:
Aiden Tolman
Kris Keating
Trent Hodkinson
Frank Pritchard
Ryan Tandy

Upgrades/Extensions
Ben Barba
Jamal Idris

if they sign Blair and Eastwood, they are simply taking the piss imo. Surely only 1 of those 2, and even then... wtf? did i miss anyone?

BRED, NOT BOUGHT!

You can add Jonathan Wright from Parra as well to that list.

There seems to be some strong mail going around that Souths might be going to get Craig Gower. Heard from a few sources now and apperently fox sports news have even commented on it.

Yep mates with someone who's related to a prominate board member and only a few I's need to be dotted and T's crossed for this to happen.

boxhead

First Grade
Supposedly Willie Tonga ----> out of the Cowboys.
I don't know why, I don't know when, I don't believe it is true, so don't ask me.
For any Cowboys fan that reads this, I wouldn't worry at all; it's just one of those little rumours, but one I thought I had better report.

About the Bulldogs, honestly I think it is just a massive recruitment drive and one they have been saving for since 2008, they are losing a couple of big-name players and I'm betting a lot of their players contracts were either down-graded or weren't worth that much to begin with.....can't wait to see how they line-up next year, they will be an all-star team :)

Big Mick

Referee
I thought Qld Reds were also in the mix for Gower.

Either way...he is pretty much past it. Dunno the value he'd have at Souths.

Franko

Juniors
I thought Qld Reds were also in the mix for Gower.

Either way...he is pretty much past it. Dunno the value he'd have at Souths.

Yeah remains to be seen i guess. If they get him maybe he can show some consistency which lacks with both Sandow and Sutton.

franklin2323

Immortal

Wasn't his release granted that he didn't play for anyone but Penrith until 2012 when his contract expired?? He was def on the way down his last season or so. So the 3 years out won't of helped

boxhead

First Grade
Would Henjack be geniused enough to sign that niff nuff Sandow?

Sandow is the most aggressive halfback in the competition, and probably has more heart than any other halfback. He also could have the potential to be a representative halfback one day, on an international level. At his best, despite his size, he tears teams apart.

boxhead

First Grade
Sandow isn't from the Cook Islands though, he's Australian.

:lol:

I don't know though, when Prince, Cronk, Thurston, etc are gone who will be Queensland's halfback???
I'm not all that familiar with upcoming Queensland halfbacks, sorry :?

Sloth

Juniors
:lol:

I don't know though, when Prince, Cronk, Thurston, etc are gone who will be Queensland's halfback???
I'm not all that familiar with upcoming Queensland halfbacks, sorry :?

Shane Perry or even bring Langer out of retirement would be a better option.

boxhead

First Grade
Shane Perry or even bring Langer out of retirement would be a better option.

I'm guessing Queensland will pick a young halfback after Cronk retires, or probably before actually, and blood him early. There are quite a few junior halfbacks running around in NYC or reserve grade that look the goods.

DeeJ

Bench
Chris Sandow to the Bronco's and Peter Wallace to the ESL is another big rumour doing the rounds as well.

Jesus Christ, I know Wallace didn't have his best season but he still performed about 1000 times better than Sandow.

I don't think this one is true, it's just too illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts