What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonE

Bench
The Sun newspaper over in the UK has Parramatta and the Roosters keen on signing an 18yo hooker from Castleford.

Daz Clark is his name, i've seen him play plenty of times and he is an exceptional talent.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Sun newspaper over in the UK has Parramatta and the Roosters keen on signing an 18yo hooker from Castleford.

Daz Clark is his name, i've seen him play plenty of times and he is an exceptional talent.

Well, we do need a hooker.

Didgi

Daryl Clark would be a very good pick up, his clubmate Milner is quality as well, Cas surely can't keep and satisfy both.

The Joker

Juniors
Must be a Matt Elliott favour. Surely if any Bradford official had seen Purtell play they would have given him a pass on him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Adrian Purtell --> Bradford

PLEASE let this be true.
This would have me more excited then if the Panthers managed to sign Slater, Thurston, Smith and Cronk for next season.

I see Purtell not being in the team offering that sort of improvement. :p

mxlegend99

Referee
Anything more then $350k a season would be a waste of money for Tonga IMO. Atleast for a team that has other decent alternatives. He's definitely worth more to the Sharks then most other teams. He'd be a huge improvement to their backline.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Wasn't George Carmont a superstar over there?
No, he's not a superstar. He's a reliable centre playing in a good team, he gets good service and creates plenty of tries for his winger as well as being reasonably strong in defence. He's popular with Wigan fans as he is a consistent performer and represents good value on the salary cap. He also carved up St George in the WCC so it's probably not the best idea if you're trying to use his success to slate Super League in some way.

Didgi

No. Purtell would not be a good player. From memory Bradford have signed Lulia as well as the backs they've currently got, he wouldn't get a start anyway. Would be much better for him to stay at Penrith, where he seems to be a favourite.

Wasn't George Carmont a superstar over there?

:lol: This is my favourite misconception about English league.

A far better example would be Scott Dureau, who was useless for Newcastle but has really found his place at Catalan.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Dureau is going ok over there?
He's playing behind a dominant forward pack and being able to play his natural game and dictate the plays. He still comes up with occasional brain explosions and shocking defensive misses, but he also does a lot of good things for Catalans so nobody gets on his back too much. He was terrible for the first few games where it looked as if he had no confidence at all, but since that has improved he's looked a different player, he's even become a good goal-kicker whereas at the start of the year he was missing from next to the sticks. Like Carmont, I suspect he is a player that was misused at his former club and also a player who's style suits Super League more than it did the NRL. Conversely, you get rep players or players that are rated in Australia that come over and are absolutely hopeless, and other players like Marc Herbert who are equally shit in both comps. It's no reflection of the overall quality, just the way players fit into their teams and the roles they are expected to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts