What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
Another Juicy rumour is that certain members of Parra's board are tossing up the idea of approaching Graham Murray who is if you believe gossip dirty that Benett won't give some of his gun juniors ago that his pushing and feels his voice isn't being taken seriously.
:lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Rumours from a very reliable source:

Justin Poore has asked for a release from Parramatta to join Souths.
Shane Shackleton has also asked for a release, but to join Manly not Souths.

Both are willing to take paycuts in an attempt to play for a top 8 team.

Parra has been reluctant to allow it...until recently. They believe they are in with a chance to sign Michael Jennings because they need something in the outside backs and Penrith needs to fix their disgusting mess of a cap.

To sum up-
Imminent:
Justin Poore to Souths.
Shane Shackleton to Manly.

At the end of the season:

Michael Jennings to Parramatta.

All of these rumours are from a good source, are logical and make sense. Manly and Souths looking for additional reinforcements in the fight for the finals. Parra needs something in the outside backs. Penrith needs to get rid of a contract and rebuild because as it stands they are uncompetitive until 2015.

Last edited:

Patorick

Staff member

Parra has been reluctant to allow it...until recently. They believe they are in with a chance to sign Michael Jennings because they need something in the outside backs and Penrith needs to fix it's disgusting mess of a cap.

To sum up-
Imminent:
Justin Poore to Souths.
Shane Shackleton to Manly.

At the end of the season:

Michael Jennings to Parramatta.

All of these rumours are from a good source, are logical and make sense. Manly and Souths looking for additional reinforcements in the fight for the finals. Parra needs something in the outside backs. Penrith needs to get rid of a contract and rebuild because as it stands they are uncompetitive until 2015.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14327-1337017148-15.gif

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

All of these rumours are from a good source, are logical and make sense

No they don't make sense, you described Souths as a top-eight team. To me, a side that hasn't made the finals since 2007, and has made it once in the last 20 seasons doesn't count as 'a top 8 team'. And nor will you become one based on the signing of an overrated nuffbag like Poore.

Good luck though.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No they don't make sense, you described Souths as a top-eight team. To me, a side that hasn't made the finals since 2007, and has made it once in the last 20 seasons doesn't count as 'a top 8 team'. And nor will you become one based on the signing of an overrated nuffbag like Poore.

Good luck though.
Stop living in the past. THIS season we have a better chance of making it than Parra. Anyone who puts their bias aside will admit we are a top 4 chance.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Storm, Cowboys, Sharks, Broncos, Sea Eagles, Warriors and Bulldogs, Dragons, Roosters, Tigers all have a better chance of making the Top 4 than the bunnies.
You ignored the first bit of the post you quoted. FYI, we've beaten 4 teams on that list, and got closer than most to beating Melbourne and Brisbane.

We are 5-4 after the toughest first 9 weeks if you go by opponents total number of wins. But all this is offtopic and I won't be replying about our top 4 chances in this thread anymore.

Stop living in the past. THIS season we have a better chance of making it than Parra. Anyone who puts their bias aside will admit we are a top 4 chance.

Wtf has that got to do with anything. Both those geniuss could join Newtown and they'd have a better chance of making the NRL top 8 than we do.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ennis is contracted through till 2014 and is captain, love to know where you pulled that from

Still, if the Bronco's want him, we would be silly not to make it happen and get someone in faster and better. Ennis must be the slowest player to have ever played the game.

I still remember a game where Ennis kicked it on the 3rd tackle from dummy half on the 50 cause the fullback was up on the line, Ennis had a 5 metre head start on Kimmorley (aged 35) and Kimmorley beat him by 10 metres to score the try. '

Screw Ennis!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wtf has that got to do with anything. Both those geniuss could join Newtown and they'd have a better chance of making the NRL top 8 than we do.
The rumours I've heard is those two are willing to take paycuts in an attempt to make a midseason transfer possible so they can play for teams in the hunt for the 8.

I doubt they'd take a pay cut to go to Gold Coast or Penrith or Canberra.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Haha, 'stop living in the past'. From a guy who supports a club who keeps slapping about *ex amount of premierships* won in years they weren't alive in.

If those two are considering jacking it in mid-season just to get in line for the finals, they are the kind of pea-hearts I wouldn't want near my club. If that's what it boils down to, I hope both the clubs they join don't make the eight. That would be a laugh.

Seriously, that's weak. Players would hold a club to a contract when they're in crap form/injured yet as soon as the club struggles, they want out?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Haha, 'stop living in the past'. From a guy who supports a club who keeps slapping about *ex amount of premierships* won in years they weren't alive in.

If those two are considering jacking it in mid-season just to get in line for the finals, they are the kind of pea-hearts I wouldn't want near my club. If that's what it boils down to, I hope both the clubs they join don't make the eight. That would be a laugh.

Seriously, that's weak. Players would hold a club to a contract when they're in crap form/injured yet as soon as the club struggles, they want out?
You're talking about holding clubs to a contract. Shack isn't in the first 17 and Poore isn't playing like a 350k player. If what they are rumoured to want is true then they would be saving Parra lot of money and enabling them to buy someone they want like Jennings.

If this happens it would be a move that benefits all parties. If it's true that Poore would take a paycut to come to us then that is exactly the sort of player I want. Someone not just chasing the money.

RWB

Bench
You're talking about holding clubs to a contract. Shack isn't in the first 17 and Poore isn't playing like a 350k player. If what they are rumoured to want is true then they would be saving Parra lot of money and enabling them to buy someone they want like Jennings.

If this happens it would be a move that benefits all parties. If it's true that Poore would take a paycut to come to us then that is exactly the sort of player I want. Someone not just chasing the money.

How is this "logical"?

Justin Poore has 6 months remaining on his 350k contract. At the most the Rabbitohs might be able to pay about 50k of this contract.

You're suggesting that either;

* Justin Poore is willing to give up 300k (probably about 150k-200k now as he's already played a third of the season) just to play for the Rabbitohs.

OR

* Parramatta are willing to let go one of their 4 man prop rotation who plays every week and subsidise 300k of his contract so he can go and play for a rival team.

Neither seem logical or rational to me.

Then there's your assertion that releasing Justin Poore from the final 6 months of his contract would help the Eels sign Michael Jennings for 2013. Parra are under no obligation to re-sign or continue to pay Poore his salary beyond this year so again I fail to see how this assertion is logical?

legend

Coach
Maybe the Eels want Jennings now if the Panthers are shopping him to rival clubs.

I'd expect Jennings to playing for another team once the Origin series is over but will sign prior to June 30.

BranVan3000

Coach
Storm, Cowboys, Sharks, Broncos, Sea Eagles, Warriors and Bulldogs, Dragons, Roosters, Tigers all have a better chance of making the Top 4 than the bunnies.
At this point in the season it's too close to say, but Bunnies have shown better form and have a better run home than most of those teams

hellteam

First Grade
If the Broncos sign Ennis someone needs to be sacked. As if it will happen though, we've put so much time into McCullough and he is now starting to play pretty well. He will only get better too. Ennis on the other hand is a terrible player who is only getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts