What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Heard from two people last night, Broncos are offering 650k a year for Dugan.

Don't know if it's true but with the cap going up and Norman getting 450k its not so far fetched.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
Heard from two people last night, Broncos are offering 650k a year for Dugan.

Don't know if it's true but with the cap going up and Norman getting 450k its not so far fetched.

Like we would pay Dugan more than we've ever paid guys like Lockyer. Tell these two people "drugs are bad mm'kay"

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Well I didn't say it's true, though with the cap going up etc 650k isn't exactly the same amount of cap anymore, and as I said if people like Norman will get 450k then surely Dugan is worth every bit of 600k to the right club (in need of a top fullback) and when fit and healthy Dugan is that. Though I to doubt Broncos would pay him that.

Kiwi

First Grade
Well I didn't say it's true, though with the cap going up etc 650k isn't exactly the same amount of cap anymore, and as I said if people like Norman will get 450k then surely Dugan is worth every bit of 600k to the right club (in need of a top fullback) and when fit and healthy Dugan is that. Though I to doubt Broncos would pay him that.

He certainly wont get 650k at the Broncos, Norman won't get 400k at the Broncos yet has been offered 400 - 450k by the Eels. Some clubs need to pay overs to get players, some don't. And if a couple of people I knew said he had been offered 650k by a side ( any side ), I certainly wouldn't mention it on here unless there was proof.

Everything you are saying says you believe it to be true, making excuses as to why it could be true and even posting it here says you believe them, otherwise why even post it, do you actually think we care what a couple of people you know think?

He certainly wont get 650k at the Broncos, Norman won't get 400k at the Broncos yet has been offered 400 - 450k by the Eels. Some clubs need to pay overs to get players, some don't. And if a couple of people I knew said he had been offered 650k by a side ( any side ), I certainly wouldn't mention it on here unless there was proof.

Everything you are saying says you believe it to be true, making excuses as to why it could be true and even posting it here says you believe them, otherwise why even post it, do you actually think we care what a couple of people you know think?

Games changed for the broncs in terms of recruitment IMO.

Nowhere near the powerful recruiters they once were. But more than that they are in a bigger battle for juniors with more competition ( And yet more likely to come) which likely means they will have to start paying more in recruitment.

Kiwi

First Grade

Nowhere near the powerful recruiters they once were. But more than that they are in a bigger battle for juniors with more competition ( And yet more likely to come) which likely means they will have to start paying more in recruitment.

Maybe they would have to pay more than in the past, but not overs, they still have a big draw card of a tonne of sponsorship dollars available to their players in a large one team town. Also I don't think it's players saying no sorry ( Apart from Inglis who chased bigger dollars and we had Henjack screwing things up ), it's more a case of they ain't even trying to sign from outside their junior ranks of late.

DoggiesBro

Juniors

Agree with this comment.

And to the bloke having a tanty of me posting a rumour settle down. This is a rumour thread. I said I don't believe they would pay him that much but thats the word they heard and they usually aren't to far off. Also makes sense cause Broncos need a full back badly and he is a gun when fit and healthy.

Guess we will just have to see.

bottle

Coach

Lol, I made exactly the same point in the 'Baby Broncos' thread and some goose accused me of 'pus and dribble'.
You in trouble bro.

DoggiePoo said:
And to the bloke having a tanty of me posting a rumour settle down. This is a rumour thread
Wow, irony in the extreme.

Kiwi

First Grade
Agree with this comment.

And to the bloke having a tanty of me posting a rumour settle down. This is a rumour thread. I said I don't believe they would pay him that much but thats the word they heard and they usually aren't to far off. Also makes sense cause Broncos need a full back badly and he is a gun when fit and healthy.

Guess we will just have to see.

If that's your idea of a tanty, try growing a thicker skin, hardening the f**k up, what ever you wanna call it. You believe what you have been told it's obvious. What you are pretty much saying is like me saying I don't think you are a dick, but you're being a dick.

Patorick

Staff member
Heard the Broncos offer for Dugan is $50,000 a year more than the Dragons.

Thoroughbreds anyone?

Kiwi

First Grade
Heard the Broncos offer for Dugan is $50,000 a year more than the Dragons.

Thoroughbreds anyone?

I'm sorry you might wanna go back and count the current or former reps in the Manly squad and think about how that works under the salary cap legally before you make remarks like this. ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
Sounds like the old kiwi bronco fan is badly butthurt.

Run for cover. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

:lol: Would take a lot more than a keyboard hero such as yourself to get me worked up.

If you want I can throw stupid shit around, but remember a lot more shit has stuck to you dirty dogs sunshine.

eozsmiles

Bench
I'm sorry you might wanna go back and count the current or former reps in the Manly squad and think about how that works under the salary cap legally before you make remarks like this. ;-)

Obviously the Thoroughbreds would be involved. And if he went to cronulla or Newcastle then the white knights or the water buffaloes would be involved. Every club has, or wants, healthy benefactors pumping up 3rd party deals and getting players. Brissy would be well served to get the thoroughbreds more involved.

Not sure what counting players at a different club would do?

Kiwi

First Grade
Obviously the Thoroughbreds would be involved. And if he went to cronulla or Newcastle then the white knights or the water buffaloes would be involved. Every club has, or wants, healthy benefactors pumping up 3rd party deals and getting players. Brissy would be well served to get the thoroughbreds more involved.

Not sure what counting players at a different club would do?

I doubt very much that's what was implied, under the table dodgey bulldogs type payments seemed to be more implied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts