What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johns Magic

Referee
Looks like the Storm could lose both Hoffman and Proctor

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/storm-struggling-star-forwards/

I have to laugh, if the Storm hadn't chosen to trump Brisbane's million dollar offer for Smith they wouldn't be having this problem. I know people might think the Broncos would be having it, nope, we ain't playing big dollars for Cronk and Slater at the same time. If they had let Smith go they would be keeping these two and would have probably picked up a disgruntled McCullough as well. With McCullough's current form I am certainly happy the Storm out bid us, despite my desire to see Smith in Broncos colours and especially after reading that article. Looks like Belamy is picking the right time to get out.

Not sure why you'd be laughing, the Storm would take that trade every day of the week. Hoffman and Proctor are very replaceable.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Of the big 3 Smith is the last one they should get rid of. Slater is past his use by date and Cronk is much closer to it than Smith.

If they kept Widdop and Inglis and let Cronk and Slater go their long term future would be looking so much better.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Looks like the Storm could lose both Hoffman and Proctor

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/storm-struggling-star-forwards/

I have to laugh, if the Storm hadn't chosen to trump Brisbane's million dollar offer for Smith they wouldn't be having this problem. I know people might think the Broncos would be having it, nope, we ain't playing big dollars for Cronk and Slater at the same time. If they had let Smith go they would be keeping these two and would have probably picked up a disgruntled McCullough as well. With McCullough's current form I am certainly happy the Storm out bid us, despite my desire to see Smith in Broncos colours and especially after reading that article. Looks like Belamy is picking the right time to get out.

The article actually mentions that the Storm's Plan B is to concentrate on keeping one of them, don't think they'll lose both. The article is speculation, just like most of the stuff on the "Rumoured Signings" thread.

BranVan3000

Coach
You can have Nielsen.

:lol:
Seriously though, Warriors aren't getting one of the best hookers in the world who is still on contract without ponying up some serious quality in return

I do take this rumour seriously though because we've lost nothing without our young hooker duo since Luke's injury and he has expressed a desire to leave before

Kiwi

First Grade
Not sure why you'd be laughing, the Storm would take that trade every day of the week. Hoffman and Proctor are very replaceable.

Nope Smith sure is worth that, maybe Cronk, Slater I would let go before Hoffman and Proctor.

Kiwi

First Grade
:lol:
Seriously though, Warriors aren't getting one of the best hookers in the world who is still on contract without ponying up some serious quality in return

I do take this rumour seriously though because we've lost nothing without our young hooker duo since Luke's injury and he has expressed a desire to leave before

Looks like the replacements would be a bigger loss after what I saw Friday last week. They ain't going to sit behind Luke for 3 or 4 years, other clubs will snap them up, Raiders are already sniffing, so will the Warriors if they don't get Luke

shiznit

Coach
Looks like the replacements would be a bigger loss after what I saw Friday last week. They ain't going to sit behind Luke for 3 or 4 years, other clubs will snap them up, Raiders are already sniffing, so will the Warriors if they don't get Luke
From what I saw of Ben Henry and Saliva Havili in the test on Friday... They made a bloody good hooking combo.

Maybe the Warriors should persevere with those kids first before spending big money on an Isaac Luke.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm hearing a genuine trade is on the cards between the New Zealand Warriors and South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Isaac Luke is going home.

Konrad Hurrell to be picked up by the Rabbitohs to add some razzle dazzle to their backline and for a good coach like Michael Maguire to teach the kid some discipline.

To be announced in the coming weeks.

shiznit

Coach
I'm hearing a genuine trade is on the cards between the New Zealand Warriors and South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Isaac Luke is going home.

Konrad Hurrell to be picked up by the Rabbitohs to add some razzle dazzle to their backline and for a good coach like Michael Maguire to teach the kid some discipline.

To be announced in the coming weeks.
Completely overlooking the fact that your a maniac...

I doubt I'd ever see Souths and the Warriors do a deal together... The last time Russell Crowe and Eric Watson were in the same room Eric Watson beat the shit out of him in a public toilet.

Rebel

First Grade
In all srsness....

Souths and Warriors will never make a deal in regards to the fued (Example, what crowe said to tomkins)

Dont think we will get Luke (not that I would mind), but Havili is a gun and is much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.